Fly Tying
Dezod

Me and Mini-Me swap

Haven't hosted in a long time, but it seems to be a good time to start one as we are getting pummelled with snow here in Colorado. Here in Colorado we have a number of great stillwaters attached to great tail waters. The inspiration for this swap is a specific section of water.

There are 2 gold medal reservoirs with a tailwater between them. Fishing a #10 red or black rojo midge will get you into 24 inch fish on the reservoir, but you might need a #24 thread midge to hook a fish in the "stream" section.

Here is the Swap rules:

Each swapper will tie 2 flies. One should be a stillwater style chironomid/buzzer fly in a larger size (8-12). The second fly should be a smaller exact or similar version of the larger fly that one could use on a stream (16-24). Limited to the first 10 people willing to swap, so everyone will be sending 20 flies, 10 each of 2 similar patterns one large and one small.

Due Date Saturday, March 17

First 10 with I'm in

1. Rockworm- TDC (Delectible chironomid)-Received

2. Border Collies- TBD- Received

3. Custom Fly Tyer- Ice cream cone- Received

4.Flytire- Hot spot Zebra- Received

5.Fishing Bob- Matchstick Buzzer- Received

6. Jburdge-

7. Benmz- green holo buzzer- Received

8.Elmerfuddwnc- Flexi buzzer- Received

9.Jimboha- Double Shamus- Received

10. MrFlyFisherGuy - Red blood worm-

SM- Dezod- Poison Tung/Poison Tung (Red)- Done

I'd love to participate if you'll have me. I used to live in Colorado and fished the tailwater below Shadow Mountain Reservoir in Granby a ton, and caught lots of nice fish on chironomid patterns up in the Delaney lakes. We're getting more snow dumped on us up here where I live now in Alaska and I would love to turn my attention to small patterns instead of big gaudy salmon flies.

border collies would love to have you.

Have fished very little around granby except for brookies in RMNP. Delany is on my list of places to check out, but it's too far for a day trip from where I'm at, so there it sits on my list. I'll get there some time.

C

Glad to have you Ken... love the ice cream cone

I'd love to be in if there is still an opening. Living here in colorado we fish midge patterns all the time. Thinking of an ice cream cone.

Ken

I'm in. Right now, I'm looking at a chironomid suspender, but don't hold me to it just yet :-)

John

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have been tying since this season. I love midges and have had success with my ties here on the Poudre in Fort Collins. I'd love to join the swap. I'm thinking green holo-midge for this one. Let me know if I can join.

-Ben

Welcome everyone

Flytire

Fishing Bob

Jburdge

Benmz

Glad to have you all aboard.

C

Flytier those look great. Very effective and exactly the idea I had in my head. What size are those for reference?

C

here is what i think i will be tying

midges.jpg

hot spot zebras

Hey guys, Im brand new to the site and would love to join the swap if possible. Most likely tying a Flexi Buzzer.

Looking forward to tying and reading more around here.

Ben