Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

Third Annual Opening Day Swap

Got mine today also I would of taken them fishing today but the rain kept me off the river I am hoping to get them wet tomorrow great ties by all and thanks for hosting another great swap Bob and by the way Bob and John thanks subway was great

Got mine. Fine looking set of flies. They're set aside for use this upcoming weekend. Saturday the 28th is looking good for the opener. Almost caught up at work and it looks like there may be some days off in the near future :D

Bob, thanks for hosting. Another excellent swap.

Did you make it to the expo?

Jim

Yes, watched a tyer named Bob from your neck of the woods. He tied some nice little caddis nymphs. Spent some time with Jay Fair as well. Didn't win the raffel, but had some good food and saw some old friends. Hope you can make it next year. Glad the flies got there, 6 days left until the opener. B)

Got mine today Bob, just in time for me to take with me for the opening weekend trip to the Grand. Great job everyone, thanks for hosting agin Bob.

Steve

Flies landed today Bob (26th). A very nice set of flies from everyone...well done all...and thanks to the swapmeister once again for a well run swap!

Murray

Had the pleasure of picking up a great set of flies in person yesterday. One of the benefits of living just down the road from the SM. Great job by all! These flies are definitely getting wet this weekend. Thanks, Bob for being such a great host.

John

Had a great opening day. All the flies were great but jburge's fly was the star for the day. Thanks again for hosting Bob!

The day went like this:

1) Sat by the steam and took the countryside in for awhile;

2) fishing;

3) lunch;

4) fishing;

5) nap while listening to the stream and a breeze through the pines;

6) fishing;

7) fish for dinner.

Now just sitting here with a cocktail and little sunburn on my noggin.:D

cencal, I think you just described the perfect day :-) And it's always good to hear the fishies liked the fly.

BTW, I spent my opening day on a fork of the Tuolumne and had a blast.

John