Fly Tying
huibgeselschap

What is the best bobbin out there?

The bobbins with the ceramic tubes work for me. No, I don't think the Petijean bobbins are worth the cost. I think all the Petijean products are over-priced, wildly so.

The Petijean bobbon is very much the best I have used. The easy of loading, and the easy of the tension adjustment is awsome. The bobbin is prefectly balanced for splite thread dubbing. Well worth the money. All of his tools are well built and worth the money. The Magic clip is very cool.

Bobbin number for me is the Temico ceramic bobbin, I have 6 of them. 5 standards and one magumn.

Rite bobbns are very well built, I don't like the time it takes to load the thread in them. The thread tenison adjustment is good. Very smooth.

Carlp

The bobbins with the ceramic tubes work for me. No, I don't think the Petijean bobbins are worth the cost. I think all the Petijean products are over-priced, wildly so.

The Petijean bobbon is very much the best I have used. The easy of loading, and the easy of the tension adjustment is awsome. The bobbin is prefectly balanced for splite thread dubbing. Well worth the money. All of his tools are well built and worth the money. The Magic clip is very cool.

Bobbin number for me is the Temico ceramic bobbin, I have 6 of them. 5 standards and one magumn.

Rite bobbns are very well built, I don't like the time it takes to load the thread in them. The thread tenison adjustment is good. Very smooth.

Carlp

I agree Carl. Since purchasing the MP tools, they are the only ones I use. The scissors (curved and loop) are fantastic and his whip finisher is superb. BTW, we need some more fly tying videos from you on YouTube. Your vids are top notch! Keep up the good work.

My vote is for Rite, although I have not tried some of the higher end models, because I love my Rites! I own 4, which keeps me from having to swap thread too much.

Well, with these ringing endorsements, maybe I'll try the Petijean bobbin. I've got several bobbins already, but one more can't hurt.

For standard type bobbin I like the TMC heavy duty ceramic. If you want tension control then buy a J-bobbin which I reckon is great value at $30.

Well, with these ringing endorsements, maybe I'll try the Petijean bobbin. I've got several bobbins already, but one more can't hurt.

hmmm im looking towards either the petitjean or de stonfo so far. i have the magic tool and together with dyneema thread for splicing it is a GREAT tool!

I probably own alot more bobbins than i should.I have the MP,Rite,Norbobbin,C&F,Marterelli,but i always find myself picking up the old tiemco ceramic tube type,just feels so good im my hand