Fly Tying
Whitner

Redfish Seaducer

Here's an old favorite that I've been pulling out of the fly box and throwing this past week. The reds have been shallow, the winds have been calm, and I've needed a fly that will land quietly, throw easily and is weedless. This has been it, and the reds have been killing it.

5D214F91-797B-45E0-ACD8-AADBB1A3C75D-1387-0000020DCC3B42C2.jpg

5D808169-5A27-4824-BD3E-795A73352C84-526-00000029E27246AA.jpg

Love flies that are easy to tie and productive

I agree!!

and Whitner..Nice fish!

Redfush Luv a seadeucer... We tie a "Loaded" Seaduecer for deeper water.. we use small dumbell eyes to get it down but I have found that the clear cure good dumbell eyes give you a great profile and while they are not weighted they do give you a nice nose down presentation... this one os still for shallow water and grass.. Largemouth Bass love it too ;)

seadeucer.jpg

There are 2 good looking flies posted above. In what sizes are they tied? The bottom one appears to be on a 4 or 6 but the top one has nothing to reference size.

bottom one is a size 2 or a 1 I don't remember but it is currently residing in the mouth of a rather large Largemouth Bass :lol: :blink:

Yup... haven't seen her all year then all of a sudden a 5-gal bucket sized hole opens up the water as I am picking the fly up and it's fish on... 30 seconds later **snap** big boil and gone... It's cool tho... I'll just tie another... it's not the first piece of jewelry that fish has gotten from me ;)

Reel nutz this is a very similar fly that you can change the materials to meet what you need. To tie it like the first one pictured instead of palmering in the three hackle just tie in some estaz whatever color and length you like. You can also add in flash or other things that you think will look good on the fly.

Capt. Lemay's Night fly