Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

Photo Hosting Sites

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

so whats your favorite photo hosting site

i'm currently using photobucket but i dont like the new style they went to.

Change is the only constant.

Change is not always improvement.

It will take a bit to while to become accustomed to the changes in photobucket.

But moving to another site isn't an attractive option either since I sometimes

post older images again.

Keeping track of which site has which image. . . :wacko:

I tend to store all my pics on a separate harddrive but do use the bucket. I too dislike the changes but an option popped up and I altered back to old style. I find I use it less and less because its an extra step moving photos from pc to photobucket

Photobucket wont let me upload a new photo unless I install their new software program on my computer . This may be a glitch . If it's not I will be moving from it shortly. There is an option to remain on the old photobucket format but clicking on it does nothing. I'll give them a couple of days to sort things out.

Fred

I use the new beta photobucket and have not had any software requests, the only thing i have noticed is perhaps a few more adds. Otherwise i don't find it any more simple or difficult to use compared to the previous version.

We also run sugar sync so all our computer stuff is automatically uploaded anyway. As we all know HD's fail.

Perhaps it is just me but before when uploading to photobucket their display of my image seemed a bit washed out or compressed compared to the original but now the two seem a lot closer in similarity. Perhaps less compression or who knows could just be me.

There is an option to remain on the old photobucket format but clicking on it does nothing.

i found that and it worked for me. all is good again!

There is an option to remain on the old photobucket format but clicking on it does nothing.

i found that and it worked for me. all is good again!

The only option that will open on mine is the download Photobucket Desktop. I thought it was maybe a system wide glitch and it would be resolved in time . But it appears it may be more localized . Perhaps there is something I need to upgrade ?

Photobucket never asks me to download or install any additional software onto any of my computers.

I can view my albums on my iPhone without downloading any special app