Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Chefben4

Salty Synthetic Swap

...If you wanted to let Jam in, I wouldn't mind tying one extra fly. I've seen his EP baitfish and they are awesome.

I was going to suggest the same thing, so, its fine with me, even if he is Canadian. But you might have to push that date back a couple months, if he was done today and mailed them out tomorrow, you'll be lucky to get them by Jan. 11. I have a friend in Canada, a couple times his package to me never ever did arrive and when they do, its usually three weeks before I receive it; also the other way around when I send him stuff.

Kirk

Hey Kirk; you've gotta realize that training walruses to tow a mail barge can be very time-consuming. Canada hasn't been the same since Alex Trebek turned in his snowshoes and headed south. At least they've still got Snidely Whiplash.

We also have some of the worlds most talented musicians, i will be sure to send in a sticker or two especially for Pete as i know he is a big fan!

post-29540-0-39846100-1354229523_thumb.jpg

So being my diligent self I have already started tying for the swap, does EP drive anyone else crazy in consistency of size of patterns. I find it difficult to tie the pattern the same size. haha

So being my diligent self I have already started tying for the swap, does EP drive anyone else crazy in consistency of size of patterns. I find it difficult to tie the pattern the same size. haha

Yeah, its much harder with EP to get totally consistent ties. The beauty of it is, the swappers will only see one so they wont know :lol: I will, but I wont tell :unsure:

Yeah, its much harder with EP to get totally consistent ties. The beauty of it is, the swappers will only see one so they wont know :lol: I will, but I wont tell :unsure:

Well the flies are almost done, just missing the eyes, range in size of baby finger mullet, to full size finger mullet haha

26CC81F5-7C15-4E99-A77A-4622B01F322D-2635-00000146B6B39EB1.jpg

This is the fly I'm sending in...just on a different hook. This is on a 2/0 Owner Aki and the ones for the swap will be on a 1/0 Gama SC-15

26CC81F5-7C15-4E99-A77A-4622B01F322D-2635-00000146B6B39EB1.jpg

This is the fly I'm sending in...just on a different hook. This is on a 2/0 Owner Aki and the ones for the swap will be on a 1/0 Gama SC-15

You have mastered the EP far more then I have. lol Nice tie, looking forward the swap more and more!

Never thought i would say this so early, but first day back in town after visiting family i finished the dozen, going to leave the epoxy to dry a day or two and ship them out.

Ben could you PM me the postal address? Also caus i am Canadian i am wondering if i could paypal you the return postage? Or figure something out i guess :)

I am just glad they will arrive before Kirk's :lol:

Never thought i would say this so early, but first day back in town after visiting family i finished the dozen, going to leave the epoxy to dry a day or two and ship them out.

Ben could you PM me the postal address? Also caus i am Canadian i am wondering if i could paypal you the return postage? Or figure something out i guess :)

I am just glad they will arrive before Kirk's :lol:

PM sent!

I acquired all of the materials for the swap yesterday and tied up a 'control'.

I'm hoping the reference fly will help in sizing the remainder.

I'll post up a photo or two once I get home this evening.