Fly Tying
Sur3-Shot

Sur3-Shot

This forum is a place to post your OWN flies. Good, bad, or indifferent. Its a learning atmosphere on fly tying, not life.

Lost a lot of credibility on this site with that little stunt.....hope ya learned something. I thought it was a bit peculiar that a kid just starting out would have multiple different vises.

I am just talking about how some teens are insecure and try to impress different social groups or their peers. Not all 16 year old's are alike, just a lot of them;-)

Its not a very honest thing of him to do, and I think the shame and embarrassment of getting caught red handed may smarten Sur3-shot up a bit.

Hell, how do you know he's even 16, he may be a she and 48 playing a getting back at an ex by playing jokes with fly fishermen that remind her of the man that spurned her...

I have four children, the first two made it past their teens and weren't jokers, my third is 15 and I could see him doing something like this as a joke.

Kirk

Sur3-Shot as you have found out the members of this website are both intelligent (you can't fool them) as well as forgiving (most are still offering advice) So hopefully this is something that you can use as a simple life lesson and can build on it. If you are 16 and just starting out then do not be afraid that you won't fit in, we all started somewhere and had to learn. Just be honest with everyone, ask for help when you need it, and when you tie your own flies then post pictures and ask for people to tell you what is wrong with it as well as what is right with it. That's how you get to the level of some of these guys.

Don't be too hard on yourself for what you did, but just don't do it again is all. Just be honest and be yourself and that is all anyone asks of you. I'm sure if you do that then these guys will forgive you and help you out with you're tying.

Steve

Sur3-Shot as you have found out the members of this website are both intelligent (you can't fool them) as well as forgiving (most are still offering advice) So hopefully this is something that you can use as a simple life lesson and can build on it. If you are 16 and just starting out then do not be afraid that you won't fit in, we all started somewhere and had to learn. Just be honest with everyone, ask for help when you need it, and when you tie your own flies then post pictures and ask for people to tell you what is wrong with it as well as what is right with it. That's how you get to the level of some of these guys.

Don't be too hard on yourself for what you did, but just don't do it again is all. Just be honest and be yourself and that is all anyone asks of you. I'm sure if you do that then these guys will forgive you and help you out with you're tying.

Steve

We need a yeah what he said icon. Great post.

I am just talking about how some teens are insecure and try to impress different social groups or their peers. Not all 16 year old's are alike, just a lot of them;-)

Its not a very honest thing of him to do, and I think the shame and embarrassment of getting caught red handed may smarten Sur3-shot up a bit.

Hell, how do you know he's even 16, he may be a she and 48 playing a getting back at an ex by playing jokes with fly fishermen that remind her of the man that spurned her...

I have four children, the first two made it past their teens and weren't jokers, my third is 15 and I could see him doing something like this as a joke.

Kirk

Im a 16 year old boy you want my skype contack me at martin.thompson714 or my cell is 724 320 7489

Okay, I'm gonna end this here. Kirk, Martin,,,what ever is you're name..I've seen a few now, listen. If you want to stay here, cool. The guys will help ya. If ya want to do more that than, FTF is not here for that.

Steve