Fly Tying
Li'lDave

Tandem Nymph Swap

I tie the jimmy Legs in a salmonfly pattern too, with a tungsten bead with black chenille wrapped over the top. I use orange for the legs, and then color the legs black above the knot so they're black next to the body and have orange "feet". I get the Life Flex at the fly shop, i think it's also called Flexi Floss and is sold as leg or body material, I believe.

Yeah, I do like the way they look, and especially that they can stand up and not droop. I'm working on a salmonfly pattern - those stonelfies are all body and legs - and my legs look OK, but not quite right. I'll look for some of that leg material (or is it leveraged from something else?)

Jimboha!

as long as the legs are the same length it makes little to no difference, they are moving freely and are basically an atractor to the fly.

Hey Jimboha,

Can I get an update on who's flies you've received? I gotta get my ar$e into gear and get tying. I think I'm nearly done so I can get them to you on time...

Trouble is we've got a <5kt weekend coming up ohmy.png .... Only one or two to go... will see how they look and then I'll probably tie up another option for everyone as well happy.png

Dave,

I've got flies from Piker20, Travis Bille, and mine. I have not heard about any more that have been sent.

Jimboha!

Please remind me (inbox if need be) how this works again? I need an address.

Here's a link to the post in this thread:

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=70822&page=2&do=findComment&comment=531267

Summary:

US - send flies to me with un-affixed stamps inside the self-addressed return envelope (or cash). $1.75 for 3 oz

Foreign: Send flies to me; either include cash or else PayPal me $9 or $10 depending on actual weight.*

Please PM me your address so I don't have to decipher handwriting and/or type it in myself (to avoid errors).

I will apply postage label with Delivery Confirmation, if it is available (for free).

My address:

Jim Hewitt

1230 N. Vineyards Ave

Meridian, ID 83642-4345

In either case, if you prefer, you could just apply the proper postage stamps to your return envelope. It's up to you, but no Delivery Confirmation.

Jimboha!

*Foreign: a 'letter' of 3 oz is only $3.50, but it must be 1/4" or less thick.

Sweet guys!

Much appreciated. I'll get mine into the mail early next week Jimboha!

Got 'em in the mail OK this morning.... Hope they're acceptable... I still struggle with these little flies...

Fly No.1 Size 10 hairs ear nymph

No.2 Size 16 hairs ear

No.3 Size 16 PTN (yes.... its a 'bonus' for everyone)

They should catch fish mate, so hopefully they get to see the water :D.

It's not much, but I feel they all make a nice little matching set...

Flies delivered! Switch10's flies arrived. Funny, they look smaller in person than they do in the photo.. But they look great!

Jimboha!