Fly Tying
bowmike

you know you tie too much when.....

You know I swore never to covet another mans live birds again, after my brother-in-laws chicken incodent.....but I still do.......God help me...

You know when you are tying to much' if your wife comes home in a fur coat and then ask you what do you think and you say

"i never use all that"

When all the neighbors in your area hold garage sales and put all the fur and feathers in boxes and label them sold to Paul and refuse any offers on the stuff. This actually is a yearly event in the private subdivision I live in every Memorial day weekend

petelangevin............oh my god man,,lol.. what were you thinking ..lol..Like I said before...she will out grow it some day...then its all yours...lol..Just have patience..lol........We need to start clinic... fly tyers annonomous...F.T.A.

There are some sick puppies on here..I'll be the president. The pre-meeting prayer will start out with.......I swear never to pluck fur from my kids stuffed animals, never to swurve AT squirrels while driving, never to brake hard for road kill, never to covet my neighbors rooster, never to steal from my wifes nail polish drawer, never to cut the hair from my kids "My Little Ponys" never to put peanuts on the window sill so birds crash into the glass ,ect.,,,ect. LOL

When security at the dollar tree starts following you because you've been in there so long combing the shelves for cheap stuff to tie with.

That's a good one. Like anyone would steal from a Dollar Tree! Ouch, my side hurts. But I've been there that long, searching each and every shelf. I don't think security is following to keep you from pocketing something, they think you're a stalker after one of the employees and you're just roaming the aisles waiting for the store to close.

Ha ha ha

It is comforting to know that there are others out there that suffer with this disease. I AM NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know you tie too much when you think there's actually a website dedicated to fly tying. Actually, this is just a figment of your imaginative and fevered mind.

It is comforting to know that there are others out there that suffer with this disease. I AM NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never alone we all suffer

Lol I just had a conversation with my wife over the phone the other day that went something like this...." Hey honey I never thought I would be asking you this but when u stop at the store I'm going to need you to pick me up some nail polish...I prefer Sally Hansen.."

This is more fly fishing than fly tying, but it's in the same vein.

I was just eating dinner at a restaurant and I noticed something. In noticing, I remembered why Wife is always rolling her eyes at me. What I noticed is this.

I used to be able to look at beautiful works of art, watch shows on TV or a movie ... or any of a hundred visual inputs, and admire the skill or overall beauty of such things. Now, I usually just key in on what ever water feature is present. I see places to fish everywhere I look. Wife knows I am no longer seeing whole pictures ... just bodies of water. She just knows, and there go the eyes again.