Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Peterjay

Tarpon Rookie Contest

In deference to one lawyer named Bubba Smith that was defending a lier......once a lier, always a lier and there is no defense.

I think the only thing the French have given the States is french fries ... Oh, wait ... those aren't actually from the French.

Nevermind.

I have to bump my post count up I see....

Curly_zps2bebd0dc.jpg

+

4ac35960-dc15-48eb-83d0-de0250a0b234_zps

=

tarpon_zps8cc83328.jpg

Boom!

After reading a few of these threads (couldn't read them all...) y'all are certainly welcome down here in paradise right next to the disco duck and that immortal little Al Pacino wannabe who said.... "He dance with my girl - I _____ him!".

Why is it I think most of you have been reading Carl Hiassen books?

After reading a few of these threads (couldn't read them all...) y'all are certainly welcome down here in paradise right next to the disco duck and that immortal little Al Pacino wannabe who said.... "He dance with my girl - I _____ him!".

Why is it I think most of you have been reading Carl Hiassen books?

Nah, I don't have anything good to say about that guy. Hiaasen stole most of his stories from my diary while he and I were roomies in the incorrigible wing at the Florida Institute for Mental Health. We were good friends until he escaped and got them published while I was involved in a thorazine experiment. In fact, I've always suspected that I was the inspiration for "Chemo" in his second book.

Fished tarpon today. First one came unbuttoned after being stuck. Two more ate and I set the damn hook too fast. I go again wednesday

Fished tarpon today. First one came unbuttoned after being stuck. Two more ate and I set the damn hook too fast. I go again wednesday

Note to self: Fly to the ENP tomorrow before Kudu goes out on Wed.

Good luck! I've got a couple of trips planned once things at work slow down, but until then I'm stuck day dreaming about 200 lb tarpon.

Uh oh..looks the contest had a close call. My return trip for tarpon isnt until May!

Guess we can all pray for a spring blizzard down there. Or maybe a hammerhead invasion. The water here hasn't even hit 50 yet, and I still haven't finished fixing up my 12wt. The suspense is beginning to build.

Rest easier. I had a 100lb tarpon on for about 20 minutes when it broke my 20lb class. This happened after he tightened the drag on my 12wt. Black Death toad. I really wanted a treppa fly. I did manage to scrounge out 2 permit later with one being 25lb+ (not on the fly). Peace out it is beer thirty!!!!

Guide tightened drag. Don't know why. Very good guide but it is all about the eat not the fight. I'd bump up the class on the leader.

Rest easier. I had a 100lb tarpon on for about 20 minutes when it broke my 20lb class. This happened after he tightened the drag on my 12wt. Black Death toad. I really wanted a treppa fly. I did manage to scrounge out 2 permit later with one being 25lb+ (not on the fly). Peace out it is beer thirty!!!!

Getting closer!!!