Fly Tying
rockworm

Third Annual Evolution Swap

A wingcase and a CDC parachute! This I gotta see! And I have to say: I am impressed by the self-restraint exhibited by this group of swappers. You do evolution proud!

I don't want to steal any thunder, but I was going to split the wingcase with the post coming out of it.

Still kosher if I do that?

Absolutely! In this swap you must specify what material for each part. But you build your fly to your own vision. (In fact, I am considering a swap where each tyer designs his fly using the materials specified by the swapmeister.)

BTW- I think your idea of having a black dandelion parachute is pretty slick! (Sorry- I couldn't resist.)

I didn't even think of specifying it. I'm pretty new at these swaps so still learning. My tying is better than my rule following hopefully.

I didn't even really understand the naming thing until I was basically up, good thing I wasn't going sooner.

I don't think I have any other addendum other than the split wing case. That and the indicator disappointingly won't be polar bear, just antron.

Rockworm... Man I'm so in if you do that swapmeister specified swap, sounds fun.

In fact, I am considering a swap where each tyer designs his fly using the materials specified by the swapmeister.

Do you remember a swap some time ago where we sent materials to the swapmeister and they were sent out to the tyers to come up with a pattern using what ever you got? I got balsa wood and string, someone made a spider out of toothbrush bristles.

In fact, I am considering a swap where each tyer designs his fly using the materials specified by the swapmeister.

Do you remember a swap some time ago where we sent materials to the swapmeister and they were sent out to the tyers to come up with a pattern using what ever you got? I got balsa wood and string, someone made a spider out of toothbrush bristles.

Bob

That sounds like a hoot. even better if the "material" is non traditional, i.e. toothbrush bristles. If anyone hosts this I am in.

C

I got a chunk of a burlap bag...

I got a chunk of a burlap bag...

Lucky you! Burlap is the poor man's silk!

My pattern:

Grace Slick

Hook: #12

Thread: Rust

Abdomen: Rust and brown dubbing

Thorax: brown dubbing

Wings: White Nytex burnt and tyed spent (or hen if the Nytex doesn’t work)

Hackle: black