Fly Tying
gpd4

Popper Swap

I just took on SM on another swap on dirrerent board and have Spey flies to learn. If someone else is ready to jump in on this swap I'll drop. I won't drop unless you have someone to step in. Sounds like you do. I'll stand by my committment otherwise. Just let me know either way. I've really enjoyed these swap but it's about time for me to get out get a few crappie fish fries going.

Nick

I'd like to join in the popper swap if there is a slot opening. Missed seeing the original post until just now. Let me know.

vicrider - no problem. I was looking forward to seeing what you were going to come up with, but I totally understand. Jackpine - there is one alternate in front of you and he has the first shot at it. If he doesn't take it I'll let you know. Christopher - yes, you're in. The beauty of this site is that age really doesn't matter. We're all still learning whether we know it or not. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask. All I ask of you is that you do what you say you are going to do...get your flies tied and tagged and get them to the post office with time to spare before the due date.

vicrider has been replaced by GLoy. The snow is melting and I got my hooks mounted and slots filled last night...It's supposed to be over 60 degrees here by Friday - but somehow I doubt I'll have a popper ready for the blue-gilled judges this weekend.

If anyone else needs to drop, please contact Jackpine to take your place.

Got a nice set from flpanfisher yesterday in the mail. Fish catchers for sure!

Glad they made it there alive. Can't wait to see all of the flies tied up and returned later! I left the tails a little long and the barbs on the hooks so the recipients can trim to their desired size and flatten barbs if they like. I personally flatten all of the barbs on the flies in my box, but for a swap, I left it up to the recipients.

Mine got in the mail today. Little frogs... They are the picture of inconsistency. Luckily only GPD4 will really know how bad it is. Individually I think you'll all like them.

FYI... One of you lucky individuals will receive the test fly that my other half took for a swim in the sink because she had to see how it sat in the water. The feet on the frog (golden pheasant green neck feathers) are not of showpiece quality anymore since they got wet. If you are this individual and you want the fly for the display case, let me know and I'll tie you another. Nothing is really wrong with it, just the barbs aren't all mated up all that great anymore. If you fish the flies that you get in the swap, then rest assured this fly floats just as intended.

Nate's frogs got here today and they are SWEET! If our GD weather would cooperate, I'd be out there field testing these things...

GLoy's bugs came in today. Very nice and many, many thanks for all the extras! I'll be tearing up the bluegills with those!