Fly Tying
vicrider

Trout up and down swap

Just a quick update. Didn't have to cut CO trip short so I'm there now and will be back in OK on Friday sometime. Will get flies all together and sent out shortly thereafter. Would love to report great success on flies I brought with me from early shippers but rivers did not treat me kindly. Some fish but topwater was dead and small nymphs down deep with "bobbers" (yuk) were the only way we caught fish with guide on float trip. Got back to bro's and Gunnison River was blown and mud so guides wouldn't even book trips since fishing was so bad. Still great country to vacation in tho. Love to visit mountains but I'm a born flatlander and wouldn't want to live here.

Nate, yours are here. Got them before I left but missed the update. Just got back Saturday and a lot to catch up on. I am missing two packages. If "flywhiteguy" and "yellow bomber" have sent theirs yet I didn't have them in pile when I got home. I'll check PO over next couple of days and you guys let me know if you've sent them and they're missing in action.

Nick

ps...Nate, I really thought I'd get to use your green monster as an indicator float but just never had the chance. I'd think that thing would float a couple of beaded nymphs easily and might just get eaten a few times on it's own.

That it does quite well, sorry you couldn't try it out yet. The indicator role was sort of what I had in mind when I whipped it up.

Horseshoes, yours arrived some time ago. I've got that marked on front page. I have sent pm to flywhiteguy and yellow bomber awhile ago with no response. I will give it 'til Thursdy and if they don't show up or respond I'll mix up what we have and send them out. Sorry about delay but have patiently been waiting for the arrival of last two packages. I've been ready to send since I got back from CO over a week ago.

Nick

sorry guys just got back from vacation and found the flies I sent before i left got returned thanks to the lady at the post office doing it wrong I will get them back in the mail tomorrow again sorry for the hold up I been out of town and didn't know they were returned

flywhiteguy, thanx for checking in. As long as you're getting them in mail AGAIN (thanx postma'am), I'll hold off until they get here. I am still hearing nothing from Yellow Bomber so we may be missing one set. I'll just redistribute them so everyone gets an extra from someone but not their own. Flywhiteguy, I know I have at least one of your flies from another swap and it surprised me when you were absent from this swap. We're good now.

Rockworm, check your pm. I'm sending one in a minute or two.

flywhiteguy, your flies showed up today. I feel bad you had to send out at that cost just to get a few flies back. All the ties are now in with the exception of Yellow Bomber, who neither sent flies or responded to pm or posts on this board. I will send flies back with one random set from a different person with each return. No one will get one of their own back but two of someone else's.

If no explanation comes thru for Yellow Bomber I will drop a line to admin about lack of flies or reasons why. Often there is a good reason but a pm could explain it and save a lot of aggravation for SM. I should have flies out in mail tomorrow.

Fishin' Bob, I did a little investigating and now I'm more worried about Yellow Bomber than I am mad. Yes, he might have got us a message but when I looked over his last couple of posts it becomes more understandable. He has been a good, long time member in the past and the last post he made was that his city of Alberta was being badly flooded. I am going to make the assumption that he has been dealing with a lot more problems than tying a couple of flies. When a person is busy trying to recover from a disaster that becomes the focal point of their lives. I only hope he is okay and wish him well if he is battling elements to get his life back together. Like I said, I'm only guessing but from his last post just couple of days after he signed up for swap, it looks like that's what happened.

Got all the packages out in the mail today. I'd like to thank all who participated and I think you'll all be happy with the returns. A few stand out as exceptional but don't want to single them out since all were very good, and even mine weren't bad. I hope the flys find a spot in your boxes and get a chance to realize some good fishing for you.

And I want to edit this to add that I really hope Yellow Bomber is okay since he has not posted since the flood. I will not report him as a no show since he may be experiencing things ruling out life's normal activities. I wish him the best.

Got all the packages out in the mail today. I'd like to thank all who participated and I think you'll all be happy with the returns. A few stand out as exceptional but don't want to single them out since all were very good, and even mine weren't bad. I hope the flys find a spot in your boxes and get a chance to realize some good fishing for you.

And I want to edit this to add that I really hope Yellow Bomber is okay since he has not posted since the flood. I will not report him as a no show since he may be experiencing things ruling out life's normal activities. I wish him the best.

You are right, I didn't look at the previous posts to see the problem. I have just had two no shows in my last two swaps so I am a little upset about the issue. I went for several years without a no show, but they seem to happen to everyone lately.