Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

FTF Fly Challenge

We are happy to be starting up something new here for you guys that we hope will not only showcase the talent of the member here but also help everyone to learn from others creativity within a certian pattern, we're calling it the fly challenge.

Heres what it is....

Every so often we will be posting a pic of a pattern in this thread and you guys are all welcome to post pics of your version of the posted pattern. It dosent have to be the same size,color or even use exactley the same materials as the posted fly, as long as its the pattern that is posted you can use any variation you desire. This way all of us can see the way others "change up" a given pattern and maybe use some of those ideas to help evolve their own patterns.

I will be changing the pattern every so often and to help make this a little more interactive I will use flies that members have sent me pics of as the current fly to tie so anyone that is interested in me using their fly simply send me a pic of it in a PM and we may use it as the pattern for the challenge next time we change it.

There are no rules or prizes and this is not a contest its simply a fun idea that we can all enjoy and learn some new twist on some tried&trued patterns.

Thanks to Vices for this idea and also for the first fly for the challenge.

So here is the first fly for everyone its a wolly bugger tied by Vices.

Lets see everyone tie up a bugger in their own style using whatever color/variation and post a pic under this.

Have fun guys.

user posted image

You guy's are gonna make sure I get a cammera one way or another.

This idea is cool, I take it you can send in as many attempts to a pattern, until you feel you have mastered it?

I think trying to duplicate the pattern as close as possible is the challange, and any varriants is going to show creativity. I hope this "Challange Never Ends"

Pennscreek thats a great looking bugger love the cone head and the action the rubber legs give it cool.gif

Daryn you got it bud since this isnt a contest you can submit as many pics of as many flies you like.

Well I started off trying to tie a bugger but I'm not sure how much of a bugger the outcome actually is unsure.gif

Anyway here is my "bugger"

Tail: Artic Fox

Body: Pearl Ice dubbing using a dubbing loop. I made the fibers in the loop extra long so they extend as far as the tail.

Collar: White Mallard Flank

dunno.gif

user posted image

Woah.... nice work, Brother Will!

Glad you could join us, Rob. Your name rang a bell, for some reason. dunno.gif Love your site! The tudorials are awesome. headbang.gif