Fly Tying
netabrookie

PT Nymph Variants

Hello, and I hope that I have came up with an interesting swap idea. This is my first time hosting a swap so if anyone sees me making a mistake then jump right in there and correct me if you don't mind. The idea that I have in mind is any variation of a pheasant tail nymph. I love the original PT nymph but I also like a bit of color or variety in my nymph box. I'm not hard to please and I really don't like a bunch of restrictions placed on flies that I am trying to be creative with so as long as it contains some element of the original PT then anything else is fine with me. The only thing that I ask in this swap is that if you join then be on time with the dead line. I have had no problems in the past when I mailed flies out of the country so I guess I will leave this wide open to anyone anywhere that might be interested. I think setting a due date for Thanksgiving, Nov. 28, should give us enough time to get them tied and then find their way to Virginia. Just reply with "I'm in'' and maybe we can get this thing going. Since it has worked well in the past swaps then we will go with 11 swappers and myself.

1. netabrookie-yellow pt nymph variation

2. mybadhabit-PT nymph with swan on jig head arrived Nov. 27

3. vicrider-Electric PT nymph - arrived Nov.21

4. Fletchfishes-Davie McPhail's Polish PT nymph - mailed Oct. 17-arrived Oct. 19

5. atxdiscgolfer-CDC Pheasant Tail arrived Nov. 12

6. DavidHE-experimental stage, awesome fly to be announced... arrived Nov 16

7. Travis Bille- purple flashback mailed Nov.18 - arrived Nov. 22

8. fishingbobnelson-Darth Vader PT Nymph - mailed Oct. 24-arrived Oct. 28

9. SullyTM-Klinkhammer PT nymph-mailed Oct.30-arrived Oct.31

10. Natedubay- arrived Nov.19

11. Flytire-Black Flashback PT arrived Nov. 14

12. Bigdewy-arrived Oct.30

Like I mentioned before, anything goes as long as it's not an original pt nymph.

Thanks and Take Care,

Tony

---THE SWAP IS FULL---

As usual, I'm in. Due on Thanksgiving??? Maybe it should be a turkey tail variant. :-) Okay, we were just talking on another board about some variety in the color of the PTs and dying feathers. I'll give it a go.

I should be moved by then. I'm in with a purple flashback. I prefer tying that as a copper john, is that acceptable? If not I can do it as a normal PT

Thanks for joining everyone. Maybe this thing will fill up within a day or two. Blane, I'm anxious to see your favorite twist on things,, Fletchfishes, you are more than welcome and I look forward to seeing your version, Vicrider, I thought about turkey but I have so many of them that I have tied that I wanted to see some different takes on the PT, atxdiscgolfer, I bet that's a good looking fly, DavidHE, experiments are what its all about, Travis Bille, I like the idea of a purple flashback pt,

Thanks again.

Tony

Fishingbobnelson, I'm glad you joined and I always enjoy seeing your creations. SullyTM, thanks for joining and just let us all know when you decide what you are tying.

SullyTM, that sounds like a good name to me. There has been a lot of cross breeding in domestic animals for centuries with great results and combining two well know and proven fly patterns usually ends up with great results also.