Fly Tying
Kudu

Hunters Harvest Swap

I am glad they arrive KUDU The post office showed as of early this AM that they never left Charlotte. I have never had the post office act up unless FishingBobNelson was involved so this is new. Glad they made it.

Swap is coming along fine as all the flies save Hokkaido_Flyfishers have arrived. This is noted in the original post if you haven't checked it out. He returned my pm around the 24th and said he would send out last week. I would've mailed this morning had his been timely. I don't know where he is located. If I don't receive them shortly, the next few days or so, I will go ahead and mail as is. There have been quite a variety of flies received and they are all well done. I don't think anyone will be disappointed in this swap. Personally, I don't plan on fishing these flies rather they will be put into a collection. I do apologize to everyone for not sending this out this morning but since I did receive a pm back I did want to give that swapper a chance to get his/her flies into the swap. Thanks.

HF has had the flu said would send flies in the am. Ill get flies out upon receipt.

Sounds good Kudu. With the COPD I'm fighting I can't afford the flu. I'm one of the candidates that could become a statistic with any serious lung issue so I'm kind of hibernating this winter and avoiding gatherings, especially those with a lot of kids. When you go to a schoolroom you see all those cute faces lines up in rows. I see row after row of incubators harboring and mutating the latest version of "whatever's going around".

I sometimes wish I'd have done a better job of keeping track of swap flies but except for some really unusual ones mine lose the tags as I admire them, then go into appropriate boxes. I hope the true the true honor given the tie will be catch a fish on it but I won't know whose it was.

Elk Hair Caddis + CdC

hook: dry fly #14 Tiemco, barb-flattened

thread: 14/0 Veevus brown

wing: Elk hair

underwing: CdC (some dyed yellow, grey or natural brown)

abdomen: peacock herl

HFF dropped his flies in the mail yesterday. As soon as I get them Ill do a quick turnaround on the mailing, most likely this weekend. Thanks for everyones patience but the wait will be worth it.

Ok I got everything split up and ready to mail. Thanks to everyone who participated in this large and unique swap. I will mail Monday. Thanks for the generosity of those who sent extras and other neat stuff. The black sharptail fly without a tag is lpid fly and the elkhair CDC caddis is Hokkaido's. A special thanks to the international guys, it was really cool to have you guys.