Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
HammerCreek

Fly Fishing Beer & Giveaway

I recently wrote a blog where I "researched" all the beer that was Fishing/Fly Fishing related. The more "research" I did the more it expanded into destinations like Alaskan and Deschutes Breweries. Anyway, it was a fun blog to write you can check out my list HERE and some of the breweries threw in for a Beer Gear Giveaway so be sure to enter. I know I missed a bunched, especially some regional craft beers, looking to the group to help me fill in the gaps! Let me know who I missed!

post-49121-0-99576500-1385172944_thumb.jpg

Alaskan has some kick-ass brews--- haven't seen them since I left Alaska in 2005 though.

I agree! I had a couple of their winter ales this evening! Those folks were great to work with as well and donated some sweet gear for the giveaway.

Central PA folks check out http://www.snitzcreekbrewery.com I really liked their Brown Trout Stout I had at a brew fest last year.

Good to know! I'm a Lancaster County native & went to college in Lebanon...now in MN, but will need to check it out next time I'm back home. I'll be hard pressed to put the Yuengling aside...

Yuengling is not that good of a beer, but there is alot of history there, and when I am on the east coast, Yuengling is what I drink! Especially since we can not get it in Chicago.

-Forrest

15-20 years ago Yuengling Lager was my go to beer, but I swear they changed the recipe. Nowadays I can barely drink a bottle.

All good beers on there, i wish we had a beer with a fish name in it; i setup my local flyshop at the Guadalupe with Guadalupe Brewing Company rep so that they can start getting their beer in. They used to have keg of Trout Slayer, always nice to get a cold glass of trout slayer after a good or bad day on the river

When I saw the Hamm's "Land of Sky Blue Waters" in the old days as a kid, it made me want to go fishing. Took much longer to acquire a taste for beers but.........

Yuengling is not that good of a beer, but there is alot of history there, and when I am on the east coast, Yuengling is what I drink! Especially since we can not get it in Chicago.

-Forrest

Yuengling was my first so I've got a bit of a sweet spot for it...