Fly Tying
mooxe

Online Stores for Materials

You can get JC at AOFeathers in St. Helens, OR. Check their website. Best stock of Atlantic salmon stuff I have seen.

Bears Den. I've had awesome results with them for years... Not sure where you live, but if you are in the northeast, you will get your order in only a few days. Plus, it's always awesome to see in your email box a note about how the shipping was more than needed so they are going to credit your card.

Great business.

Mike Hogue at eFlyTyer.com has a few jungle cock capes, you might check with him. Most of what I have seen from the Estonian have been tyer's grade capes. They aren't bad for what they are, but they aren't worth a whole lot of $$.

John McLane, at FeathersMC, sometimes has JC as well.

I picked up a JC cape from the estonian guy for $23 shipped, great cape for tying. Tons of nails with good color, most have 1 split easily repairable.

As for online stores, my order goes:

1.) Caddis Fly Shop

2.) Pacific Fly Fishers

3.) Feathercraft

4.) Ebay

I also use Big R Fly shop. They have a TON of stuff and will ship to you, call them and ask if they have what you want, I bet they do. Tons of Whiting capes, JC, hooks, dubbing, synthetics, etc. I have one 1.5hrs from me and it is worth the drive.

x2 on fly tyers dungeon. Amazing prices, just have to be patient about shipping. But for flash, dubbing, eyes, rubber legs, they cannot be beat!

Try Little River Outfitters. They do not have their materials online, but have a very good selection. Call them up toll free and tell them what you need. Free shipping and it ships out the same day or the next day. Good folks.

Good experiences with J. Stockard, Jann's Netcraft, FlyTyers Dungeon and Fly Fishers Paradise.

I have only dealt with Bears Den in person at the fly shows, but from those experiences I assume that their mail order would be top notch as well.

Ill add to this. I've been wanting to get some more coc de leon and dyed peacock quils... and my normal places did not have any so I tried Performanceflies.com. I've wanted to try an order from them for a while, but just didnt need to order anything. The site is nice and they have a lot of "euro" style stuff that I really like the looks of.

Now, I only placed the order today... But wholly smokes, I placed the order at like 8:30AM EST and by 9:45 after a conference call I noticed I had an order confirmation and a "shipped order" notice as well as a tracking number. That - is amazing service.

Supposed to be here in 1-3 days via priority mail... I'm excited to check things out and thus far, extremely happy.

Will

Theriault Flies

www.theriaultflies.com

Located in Maine. They raise & process a lot of their own natural materials. Good prices & selection of other tying products too. smile.png

J.Stockard -- most purchases have been with them. I agree w/ the post that said their shipping has slowed down.

Hook & Hack

Barlow's -- I buy all my bucktails here.

Bear's Den -- i just started using them. Nice selection. Much faster shipping than J stockard.