Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
switch10

Big lahonton cutthrout. Standing on a ladder for 15 hours/day finally

I've been fishing Pyramid lake in Nevada for a few years now. I caught plenty of the "smaller" 24 or so inch average fish. I've always wanted one of those hogs. Well last weekend I landed 2 of them within about a half an hour, unfortunately the other one slipped away as my buddy was snapping the photo.

I caught him on my secret beetle pattern that I just whipped up, and also a new 8wt that I just built.

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

Great fish, blooding a new rod too. Sweet. Still find this ladder thing weird but the results speak for themselves.

WOW! What a PIG!!!!

If you are talking about Pyramid Lake in NV I NEVER would have considered fishing it. We used the tiny island on the south end as a RADAR target just about every flight while there.

Beautiful picture as well.....healthy, not fat (as in spawning)...VERY nice colors....I bet she/he was hard to hold onto (looks slick!)

Mike :)

Good to see you got into a nice one.. I'm still waiting on mine.. In time I'm sure.. I was just out there on Sunday and got skunked.. Mind saying wheat beach??

Ps comike, the red colors and the big kype indicate that it's a male, and because it had a snipped adipose fin, it means it's the faster growing pilot peak strain

In pyramid: not so much, the truckee river is regulated pretty well, and once the water hit the lake it just evaporates into the atmosphere ( there are no outlets at pyramid) but as for California, yes the drought has severly affected the water levels in most of our lakes and rivers.

-Miles

Istripbuggers, I got him @ popcorn. It was slow on Sunday for us too. 3 small fish each, and the water seemed to be pretty cloudy down south, so we moved around quite a bit without much success.

That place is weird. I've spent 2 consecutive days double hauling to my backing until I could barely move my arm without even feeling a tug. I'm glad I didn't give up.

I live in mammoth lakes in central California, and I'm pretty nervous about our water levels... We need to stop LA from sucking down all of our water!