Material used:

Hook: Mustad Signature size #14

Thread: Orange UTC 70DEN

Body: Troutline UV Violet Ribbing fibers

Torax: black dubbing

Feather: orange fire feather

best,

Lucian

Um.. Mike?? you may want to pinch the 'barb' down in that case.... and I know how you feel about barbed hooks... <hehhee>

Might have to make an exception? Once that snowball starts rolling down the hill though.... lol

BCT

That is stunning. I have no idea if it will fish well or not, but it is superbly tied with interesting materials. Are the "fire feathers" Something you do or are they available commercially?

Cheers,

C.

A small wet fly hook point and barb goes through a standard pierced ear hole. The barb keeps you from losing the fly/earring at that point. I watched a blonde woman (I know how cliche) do it at a fly show. She and her husband/friend were actually surprised the barb kept it from coming back through. Oh Darwin was right.

Nice flies. Steelhead would devour them in NY in the winter. You nailed the color.

The feathers are from my daughter's parrots. DI don't know if somebody sell these feathers for tying or anything else.

1620361_769391306464511_4785475574151540

the photo bellow is not mine, is just to have an idea about parrots with these feathers

cute-love-birds-parrot-beautiful_103484.

Crackaig - sorry I don't know your name - , unfortunately these feathers are not for sale. Are very nice, I tied a few spiders in blue, green, cobalt colors based on birds color. But to give you an idea about a good source of feathers: petshops! Go and have a chat with the guy who is tacking care of cages with exotic birds. Normally each day they have to clean them and they trow away a lot of fantastic feathers. In this period , these birds, should change the feathers so you will find a lot.

best,

Lucian

If you ask politely at a pet shop you may get great feathers. Especially like a Petsmart type store that has many staff, and a $5 Starbucks card may get 20 inch long tail feathers that are often in the back. The tail feathers I got I've never used because they are too pretty.

Lucian,

Thanks for the update on the feathers. One of my neighbors works with the dogs at petsmart. I'll ask her if she has access to any feathers. I may get lucky.

Kirk