Fly Tying

I have let this go for as long as I can stand it........I have several tacky fly boxes and most of them are older than most of the posters on this forum. Many of the posters would not be caught dead on one of the blue ribbon trout rivers in their Simms waders and one of these boxes. They are tacky but they suit my needs. :D

I have let this go for as long as I can stand it........I have several tacky fly boxes and most of them are older than most of the posters on this forum. Many of the posters would not be caught dead on one of the blue ribbon trout rivers in their Simms waders and one of these boxes. They are tacky but they suit my needs. biggrin.png

That's freakin' amazing...seeing as how they have only been around for about a year...have they been sued for copyright infringement?...tongue.png

TACKY%20FB_zpskr7bvtil.jpg

PT/TB

I have let this go for as long as I can stand it........I have several tacky fly boxes and most of them are older than most of the posters on this forum. Many of the posters would not be caught dead on one of the blue ribbon trout rivers in their Simms waders and one of these boxes. They are tacky but they suit my needs. biggrin.png

That's freakin' amazing...seeing as how they have only been around for about a year...have they been sued for copyright infringement?...tongue.png

TACKY%20FB_zpskr7bvtil.jpg

PT/TB

now that would be tacky too do.

the China comment makes very little sense, unless you could provide links to North American manufactured boxes. i get the whole buy from home argument, but it holds very little water when we get 95% of our goods from offshore manufactures.

You misread my intent Art, I have no problem with stuff from overseas at all. I was simply saying I find it funny when I see someone saying product X is so much better than product Y because it has a certain name.label on it....when in fact they both most likely came out of the same factory in China and were just label different. Just commenting on something I have noticed is all.

the China comment makes very little sense, unless you could provide links to North American manufactured boxes. i get the whole buy from home argument, but it holds very little water when we get 95% of our goods from offshore manufactures.

You misread my intent Art, I have no problem with stuff from overseas at all. I was simply saying I find it funny when I see someone saying product X is so much better than product Y because it has a certain name.label on it....when in fact they both most likely came out of the same factory in China and were just label different. Just commenting on something I have noticed is all.

ripple foam/slit foam/silicone. apples/oranges/grapes

the part about x and y coming from the same factory makes sense. case in point the C&F knock-offs that i can buy from my local B&M. they are labeled either "Streamside", or "Amundson" instead of "C&F". do you think i'll be paying $49.00 for a new box when i could get the same one for $15.00?

I have both C&F boxes and knock-offs. I think the knock-offs are just that, copies. I don't think they are from the same factory as C&F. They work fine, but there is a visible difference in the precision with which the foam is cut out and mounted. The cases are also slightly different.

I really enjoy these boxes. Mathews silicon means there is no hook memory so you could pull a size 8 WB and put a size 20 nymph in its place and it fits fine. Slim design is good too. My only issue is they are not waterproof.