Fly Tying
Li'lDave

October Flies from the Bench

First attempt at a foam mouse. I'm going to use a zonker with shorter hairs on it for the next one.

That is one fluffy looking mouse! Looks great. I bet it will create a good wake on water. Brings to mind the complex twist mouse I saw a while back on fly fish food. I tied a few up. The LMB loved them. Let us know how you get on with your pattern. Cheers.

That complex twist mouse is pure garbage;)

First attempt at a foam mouse. I'm going to use a zonker with shorter hairs on it for the next one.

That is one fluffy looking mouse! Looks great. I bet it will create a good wake on water. Brings to mind the complex twist mouse I saw a while back on fly fish food. I tied a few up. The LMB loved them. Let us know how you get on with your pattern. Cheers.

Gee cheech that was subtle lol.. Or am I missing something lol

Just experimenting. Can't tell if I like the flash between the quill wraps or on top of.

12080258_10153009753437003_8199578892316

Kimo

Looks pretty damn cool to me but hey .....

Chuck, thank you for the kind words, greatly appreciate them. I'll definitely be posting my progress as it goes along, gonna have to try that complex twist mouse. I love doing complex twist patterns.

Great stuff guys. I love that pattern Cream.

Here is one of a few tied up for a dude in PA looking to get into trout streamer fishing.

post-54000-0-13335600-1444394838_thumb.jpg

Gee cheech that was subtle lol.. Or am I missing something lol

Tongue-in-cheek. It's his fly. Kinda like "There ain't no fish in _________ River".

Thouse you can find the video on flycarpin.com

Yup, that's the video I followed. The fly works really well, just make sure you use the right materials as getting the tail to float and move perfectly is actually a bit difficult. I also found it necessary to use a tungsten bead behind the hook eye to help balance out better. Definitely use a brass bead on the end of the tail though or it won't move properly.

Here's one from yesterday...PIVoDNM.jpg

RC%20UV2%20MIDGE%202_zpsvgrmgdwd.jpg

UV2 RC MIDGE – Gold, Freeman/Variant – Daiichi 1130, #18 – #20…

MIDGE%20EMERGERS%20KI%20GRP_zpseppokt7n.

UV2 MIDGE EMERGER, Black – Iwamasa/Variant – Daiichi 1110, #20…

PT/TB