Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
agn54

odd reaction with glue

I've had the same reaction as the op with yellow sharpie and ca glue (permatex brand if my memory serves). I thought it looked kinda nice. I was coloring some white foam making diver heads.

I don't use Gorilla glue anymore. I have seen similar reactions and it dissolves some materials and discolors other stuff besides foam also. Some of my craft store finds appear to melt when covered in it. I have had heads that looked molde. The problem was the fibers all broke at the seam. It has It seems to reactive properties compared to other epoxies for me, like what will it do next.

I just had it happen to me a couple of nights ago. I was wrapping yellow foam cylinder on a hook using white thread. I used a copic paint marker to color the thread yellow and then applied Krazy Glue and got the red streak on the top and bottom. Don't ever remember that happening when I was using Zap-a-Gap.

I know a gentleman who designed a foam popper head cutting jig, Gary Krebs. He uses a gel super glue that is sold at Wal-Mart. I don't recall him saying this as happened.

Either way, this is nice to know. Thanks

I've had the same reaction with yellow sharpies and CA . Orange sharpies tend to darken and intensify when in contact with CA also.