Fly Tying
josephcsylvia

Backpacking and photography trip suggestions.

Joe you want big browns, maybe Rainbow steelhead and cutthroat pushing up towards 8lb you want to hit the Truckee River Nevada or up over along towards Donner Pass, also Pyramid lake. Check out a few videos over that way ( and sorry to hear your Mom passed) :

<iframe width="1175" height="524" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0aD5DBemELY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Joe... just in case you're wondering, those places aren't in North Carolina.

Joe... just in case you're wondering, those places aren't in North Carolina.

Thank you, im not sure where I want to go yet, im getting some great info so far here though, I think I'd like to stay eastcoast so I can drive instead of fly as I dont trust airlines with my gear!

Looking forward to see the pictures!
Whatever you decide, i am sure it will be a memorable trip.

Okay I'm going to miss on all cylinders but hiking, trout fishing, and fly rod screams arizona to me. Oak creek in Sedona comes to mind only because I'm going there in April. No brook trout but browns and rainbows.

A few years back I caught a few trout in the Asheville, NC area in mid-to-late April...imho, among the finest high-gradient trout fishing + camping/hiking one could ask for.

We ran into a cold front that was impending when we arrived, then dumped a full day of icy cold downpour on us, meaning that the creeks were high and cold and a bit murky throughout our trip. That being said, I went with a good friend and his son, all of us very experienced anglers, so we certainly still caught fish, it was just tougher than it might have otherwise been. I think that a week or two of delay would have improved the fishing, most obviously because that front would have been gone, but in a more broadly applicable sense, such a front wouldn't have been quite so frigid in early-May as it was in mid-April.

Go to Fontana Lake get on a pontoon(round trip with extraction cost is 20 bucks). They will take you to Hazel Creek. Call Fontana Dam village marina and they will set you up. Fontana is where they filmed the movie Nell with Jodie Foster and Liam Niesen. Pretty place.

Go to Fontana Lake get on a pontoon(round trip with extraction cost is 20 bucks). They will take you to Hazel Creek. Call Fontana Dam village marina and they will set you up. Fontana is where they filmed the movie Nell with Jodie Foster and Liam Niesen. Pretty place.

now that sounds cool!!