Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Adam Saarinen

Don't tell your kids!

No winter means no ice fishing no way. Who wants to live in Florida.

No ice fishing ... music to my ears!

I beg to differ, we have ice fishing. It's call fishing a bug out of your Gin & Tonic while floating in the pool! Pick whatever month you want.

I beg to differ, we have ice fishing. It's call fishing a bug out of your Gin & Tonic while floating in the pool! Pick whatever month you want.

If you float in the pool from December to February, you're not a true Floridian but clearly a northern transplant! To us natives, those months are freezing and require the use of those parkas we own for some reason. If you can see your breath, its freezing!

LOL! If you really want go ice fishing sometimes sacrifices are necessary, even in Florida! Gotta love a place where you go duck hunting in shorts and a t-shirt because you get to hot otherwise. Don't get me started trying to find camo boots that aren't insulated.

Ill take winter over that blazing hot and insufferable humidity of summer in Florida. Plus perch filets from ice water is about as good as it gets.

Ill take winter over that blazing hot and insufferable humidity of summer in Florida.

We like people with your attitude, Poopdeck. There are too many people down here already. It's good to know some people will stay up there during the winters.

And I keep 3 types of waders. Hip breathers for the fall when the waters reach that perfect 42F. Bib breathers for the days when it is about 60 out but the water is dipping toward 38 or so, Then my bib pro neoprene's for when the snow is flying the banks are icing and yet they are biting on nymphs. You guys sound like you a break a sweat too often.

One of the best weeks of my life was Minnesota in February. I had the whole state to myself.

Beer never goes warm when you walk the dog here in winter! Drank half a can of coke on the way to work in winter, left it in the cup holder frozen solid for 3 weeks! Gotta love it!