Fly Tying
Flat Rock native

Butte Ugly Swap-Register here-Open Feb 16

Mine went out yesterday.

Included what I believe to be the ugliest fly I ever tied, maybe 8 or so years ago.

Never got it wet. I was afraid it might scare away any fish in the area. But it's yours now.

Mine went out yesterday.

Included what I believe to be the ugliest fly I ever tied, maybe 8 or so years ago.

Never got it wet. I was afraid it might scare away any fish in the area. But it's yours now.

Thank you sir, I will proudly keep it, and BOLO your package... :0... Yikes, That sounds bad, mail, I mean the mail. :)

Carry On

Mine went out yesterday.

Salty, your flies arrived today, not a knock on your camera skills, but your pictures on other threads do not do them justice.

Your wild card is fishable here, but will make my own.

Both patterns truly Butte Ugly, for sure putting the hook into fish. Thanks for joining this swap.

Updated, post #1

I'm sure some small mouths will think they look tasty as well as some other critters. That wild card thing as you call it wasn't really meant as that, just thought I would send you the ugliest fly I think I've ever concocted.

You should have received my flies by now. They said you should have gotten them on Thurs.

Maybe today? We have the Worst mail service here, slow, in both directions. It should get here eventually. I have tested the system thoroughly via. JStock, Feather-craft, The Fly Shop, Bass Pro, and locations from East consistently slower than from the West. Double BOLO, shoe, on yours. Anxious to see them :)

So finally, LET'S GET BUTTE UGLYattachicon.gifKayakDriver.jpgKayakDriver.jpg Ugly in the topic catchlines

Shoebob's pattern is awesome, I will post pictures if anyone would like a preview.

Mail took 2 days extra to get here so bear that in mind. Still checking the locked drop twice per day, have new materials and fishing stuff on the way, too.

If anyone can help me with the weather now, could be best Spring ever!

FRN, you cost me some extra work. I don't really mind but have to get going on the Aussie flies for the benefit. You put me down as sending the soon to be famous "Panfish Pooping" fly and I had already finished a bunch of ugly CDC wire wrapped nymphs for the main fly and intended the PP fly as a bonus. Well, now thanks to you everyone will get one of each and they will be on their way shortly. If you have an extra white calf tail to give up I'll use a return envelope big enough to send the tail in. Also, if you have a near mint automatic reel I would definitely be interested in buying one. Am only interested in American made in near new condition and I intend to use it on my bamboo bass rod.

Nick

PS...I really checked out you hometown hoping where it was at I might be able to do that elevation but you're even a little taller than Denver and COPD is not conductive to elevation. I'm okay at 3,000' ASL but you're double that. I really think you're the kind of guy I'd love to spend some time fishing with but unfortunately mile high air starts to get too thin. And by the way, I'll include some ugly light and dark spruce flies for you as long as you don't put them in the contest.

FRN, you cost me some extra work. I don't really mind but have to get going on the Aussie flies for the benefit. You put me down as sending the soon to be famous "Panfish Pooping" fly and I had already finished a bunch of ugly CDC wire wrapped nymphs for the main fly and intended the PP fly as a bonus. Well, now thanks to you everyone will get one of each and they will be on their way shortly. If you have an extra white calf tail to give up I'll use a return envelope big enough to send the tail in. Also, if you have a near mint automatic reel I would definitely be interested in buying one. Am only interested in American made in near new condition and I intend to use it on my bamboo bass rod.

Nick

PS...I really checked out you hometown hoping where it was at I might be able to do that elevation but you're even a little taller than Denver and COPD is not conductive to elevation. I'm okay at 3,000' ASL but you're double that. I really think you're the kind of guy I'd love to spend some time fishing with but unfortunately mile high air starts to get too thin. And by the way, I'll include some ugly light and dark spruce flies for you as long as you don't put them in the contest.

Deal, and I WILL get to Oklahoma if you will,take me crappie fishing! Love dem spots!

Know about thin air... but you should see how much people from Wyoming can drink when we get to New Orleans at sea level. Empty wallets No effect, bummer.

Will send you pictures of auto winders, none are mint. My Dad and Uncle fished them hard at times but took care of them. They work as good now as they did 55 years back when I first tried them out. As a punk, I thought it was pretty funny when I cranked up the re-wind spring and used it to reel up the fish. Four inch bluegill instantly face-planted on the top guide when I hit the lever after it took my Blue Quill. It is kinda funny now:)

You can have the white calf tail, all my other calf tail, too. I will send you a yarn bundle. It will replace calf in vitrually any floating pattern, easy to work with and about 15 colors.

PM me an email, we will get this party started! Did I tell you about the Wolverine auto wind reel, I have? Another day another 1o stories Later, vicrider

One thing FRN. If/when you do another swap don't get 8 different threads going on the same swap. I've never thought we even need "feeler" threads. Like a famous man said, "Build it and they will come". (Was that our President) Just post her up and if doesn't catch on no loss. I wish you mods had more powers to kill threads when they're counterproductive. Give you boys the POWER,

Anyway, thanx to your putting me down for the Panfish Pooper I had to do a bunch more of those. A pretty easy tie but at the same time it's a beach to go thru a whole large pack of Mallard stripping and sizing just to get a couple dozen to match up well enough for the size of hook used. I really think after the baby gills tug the poop off the fly it will be a good fly for brim based on the fact that a large part of the early diet of big gills is the yearling hatch, which these will mimic well. We used to fold a beer tab over a hook and paint eyes on it and gill slit and catch heck out of nice 'gills. That's not a bs story either.

So they hit the post today in a big envelope.

Killing threads huh, well I do that all the time, just due to lack of interest;) IN MANY of my posts; I don't need no stinkin' admin rights...

I have to say that you and I think much alike in one way, never BS about fishing. The time spent doing it is just too precious to introduce morally questionable actions when reporting about it later. Cannot risk the Mojo....However, .......

I think this 8 thread thing is a blatant disregard of well-established, fact-checking, procedures. I only did 3, and Saltydog got the other one going cause he can't spell B-u-t-t-e, GOOD LUCK DENYIN, DUDE!

I think you need to wake up Saltybum, he thinks he is off-the-hook because he is the only Salt guy brave enough to submit a Butte Ugly entry and thinks he has the title wrapped up. So, now he doesn't check his email, meaning we can fill it up with "Blue Pill" spam, not that I ever heard of that stuff from a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL!

I need to take a break now, I need to Mix Up some New Metaphors, .... Carry On