Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
JSzymczyk

HMH customer service

Just throwing this out there, I e-mailed a question to the contact info address at HMH over two weeks ago and have had no response. It's not a major emergency but I was prepared to spend a little bit of $$ with them. The "well did you give them a call?" response is irrelevant in this day and age- if a company HAS a customer service e-mail address, they should use it.

Yeah ... I don't have an HMH, but I've run into the same problem with a couple of other companies. Most recently, I was trying to get in touch with a jeweler about a ring. I would've spent some serious cash there, but they took about two weeks too long to get back to me.

I told them what I was looking for, and how much I was prepared to spend ... oh, they E-mailed me RIGHT back.

I then informed them that, due to the slow response time to the original E-mail, I'd already given my business to another place.

... I had to block them, to stop getting E-mails for me to give them another chance.

I actually just wanted to get a ring resized, but I wasn't going to tell them that.

Just throwing this out there, I e-mailed a question to the contact info address at HMH over two weeks ago and have had no response. It's not a major emergency but I was prepared to spend a little bit of $$ with them. The "well did you give them a call?" response is irrelevant in this day and age- if a company HAS a customer service e-mail address, they should use it.

Did you make sure that the email is not still in your ;) drafts folder? Only being half a smart ass on this one, I did it twice within the last week, here in Bucolic Buffalo!

Yeah ... I don't have an HMH, but I've run into the same problem with a couple of other companies. Most recently, I was trying to get in touch with a jeweler about a ring. I would've spent some serious cash there, but they took about two weeks too long to get back to me.

I told them what I was looking for, and how much I was prepared to spend ... oh, they E-mailed me RIGHT back.

I then informed them that, due to the slow response time to the original E-mail, I'd already given my business to another place.

... I had to block them, to stop getting E-mails for me to give them another chance.

I actually just wanted to get a ring resized, but I wasn't going to tell them that.

Up until your last sentence I thought we had been hacked and your identity stolen.... mikechell and "...would've spent some serious cash there... " do not fit well in our normal daily discourse... Carry On

Call them on the telephone. Every time I call them, not frequently - but I did last week, they are very responsive and happy to help in any way. Forget email. Email is a terrible method to communicate, period. The only method that is worse is texting.

Could be the reply is in your Spam folder. I've gotten replies like that and thought I didn't get a reply. I don't know what determines what is Spam and what isn't; I know you can designate it, but also the vast majority of Spam I get is automatically placed in the Spam folder.

... email is a written record.

That! E-mail is a great form of communication with a business (providing they respond) to keep a record of the transactions. On that note, it might also be a reason some businesses don't respond readily, as it's almost as good as a contract.

Could be the reply is in your Spam folder.

And this. Not so much on my personal E-mail account ... but quite a few good E-mails end up in my spam or junk folder at work. I give CG personnel my address, in case they have any questions. Some of them have been relegated to the "bad" folders ... with the same military address as others that get right through.

Up until your last sentence I thought we had been hacked and your identity stolen.... mikechell and "...would've spent some serious cash there... " do not fit well in our normal daily discourse... Carry On

Hey ... sometimes I spend money, especially if it's for Wife.

But you're right ... it is NOT my modus operandi.

I do not understand why companies ignore emails. Really negligent and costs them more money to answer a phone call.

That said, it's really common. Many companies of all sizes let their [email protected] disappear in a black hole. Doesn't make sense.

I've had a lot of luck with fly tying companies through the phone, but, in many cases, email would have been my first choice.

Why does email go on the back burner ? Because it can. A live person on the other end of a phone line has to be dealt with though. And then the mentality of I'll deal with the emails later in the day and that day turns into tomorrow, and then it's three pages deep etc... Sometimes I think companies weed through their emails like kids weed out texts they feel like responding to LOL ( not really but you get my drift) !

I will say this. I emailed Hodgeman about a bum pair of waders I figured were out of warranty, just to let them know they failed and and how, and if they liked I would ship them in so they could investigate what went wrong. Got a nice customer service manager and she said send them in and they will ship me a new pair. We did that and about 6 months later the same failure with those. I contacted the same person and she upgraded me to top of the line waders for my trouble. It was a weird failure, the water just wicked right through them, not like a seam or pinhole leak. And one day they were good the next day I got soaked.. I'm still using the top of the line ones ten years later, though they are getting worn now.

Email is always my first choice.

Technology easily allows your website to separate customer service emails from kudos, general questions, etc. so you can check the ones that really matter and leave the other ones for tomorrow. More so than phones.

I can't imagine a small business in this day and age trying to grow without using the internet.

The same thing happened to me when I tried contacting them on January 30th, through their contact us address. No response back at all. They didn't even have an auto response that some of the places do, letting you know that they received your email and will get back to you. It didn't bounce back, and I do have a Spaminator feature / folder on my email that I check everyday. I use email almost exclusively and it's very rare when a business never gets back to you, even if it may take several days.

The same thing happened to me when I tried contacting them on January 30th, through their contact us address. No response back at all. They didn't even have an auto response that some of the places do, letting you know that they received your email and will get back to you. It didn't bounce back, and I do have a Spaminator feature / folder on my email that I check everyday. I use email almost exclusively and it's very rare when a business never gets back to you, even if it may take several days.

same here. not in spam folder, I check that daily. Yes the message was sent on 05 March. It's just weird. E-mail is the standard method of communication in any legitimate business model. It is 2017.