Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bowmike

Warm water tying season musky fly and some bait fish

I am really getting the hang of these musky flies now. Hoping this chartreuse and black lands a friend of mine a big pike or musky.

post-43467-0-35007100-1497271513_thumb.jpg

post-43467-0-91123700-1497271518_thumb.jpg

post-43467-0-57194900-1497271524_thumb.jpg

post-43467-0-87627000-1497271528_thumb.jpg

post-43467-0-53556600-1497271535_thumb.jpg

post-43467-0-48894600-1497271547_thumb.jpg

Oh dem perches. Sure would have like to have them up north where a large majority of walleye diet is perch (the ones in the walleye family, not the sunfish called perch here in OK).

I did a 2 part tutorial on how to do these craft fur bait fish on my you tube but I can paste a link for some reason.

Just look up: "craft fur bait fish fly tying tutorial" click the one with the redneck looking guy wearing a black hoodie and a camo hat.

These are reverse tied, and I kind of do them with a hollow tie look about them.

I used white craft fur on the body of the crappie, and chartreuse yellow for the perch.

on your last application of craft fur put the darker color on top and the hot spot on the bottom:

(dark olive on the perch, with firey orange under neath) (black on top with the crappie and red underneath) I call the crappie with red under it "Wounded" You don't have to put that on there.

I got my time to tie on these down to around 5 minutes. Key to doing them fast is to prep your mask and eyes before hand, and prep you snips of craft fur.

IF you watch my tutorial I show you how I gage where to start, and about 12- 14 craft fur snips is all you need on it.

If someone can put my video up on here it would help out a ton.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I ordered the bright green from Hareline, and I got the white from Sidling Hill. I love his hackle and he is a local guy to me in PA. Best Ive used as far as movement and such, blows harelines away to be honest, but he doenst have the time to dye it. Neither do I. LOL

I must add that my tying shed looks a lot better than it does in this video also. LOL I actually have a desk and such. :)

part one:

part two:

I didn't watch them, so I am just posting them for bowmike ... not endorsing them. They look to be a bit longer than I'd get into.

When you are on YouTube, get the video you want playing. (I hit pause after it starts, but it doesn't matter)

Across the top of the search engine (Google, Firefox, etc) page, you'll see the https pathway. Highlight it all and "copy".

Then paste it here. If you do it from the search engine page, and not from the top of the YouTube page, you don't have to delete the "s" or anything.

Like this ... "how to get a pike on your first try !!!"

I am on a laptop, so I have no idea if this works on a phone, if that's what you're using.

This is all I do:

embedding video.jpg

embedding video 2.jpg