Fly Tying
vicrider

Christmas pictures...and comments from Santa

Trouta-Control, I'll call the Birmingham PO tomorrow and see if I can get info on your package. Your tracking # shows it got to your PO but not deliverable due to problem with address. I'm afraid it got there with zip code and then label came off. I'm kicking myself for not throwing over a clear tape on every label when I was a little worried. I'll see if I can straighten it out. If not my return addy should be there to get package back anyway. If that happens it would end up a New Years present instead. I will make good on a gift box for you though one way or the other. Hope I don't get others like this.

Thanks, Vicrider! No worries if it is a New Year's surprise. I hate for this to be a headache since you have put so much time and effort into the swap! But thanks again for checking on it. Y'all are such a wonderful community!

Vic this just goes to show how much it takes to host a swap. I will keep checking the mail it kind of like Xmas everyday with anticipation. Sorry to hear all the trouble your going though but while reading your post it did bring a smile to my face. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Frank

I got home today opened door and tripped over package. There is a Santa

Am glad you received it with no problems..I was told it would be there today but you know how the mail is this time of year..Just wanted you to have it before Christmas!!

Old Hat, I'm afraid we have a serious problem. I just went through all the tracking #s again looking for your address and it's not in there. This means it's just not lost like a couple I have PO tracking them but it never got shipped. I don't know how I did this but I definitely don't have your address with a tracking #. I do have a box here I will send you but with PO closed for long weekend it won't be until Tuesday . Best I can do is get some pictures and post them for you tomorrow so you know what's coming your way and from who. Funny but I almost kept your box since I like those flies but didn't and this way I at least have another member's box to send you.

Nick

No worries at all. If you have a box of flies to send, send it whenever, don’t use a box of flies you were going to keep. Send it at your convenience. Don’t go through the time to take pictures. Enjoy your Christmas!

Merry christmas everyone.

We have just opened our first round of presents, being christmas eve and all....

I got a way cool set of troutie patterns, and considering i have been trying out chironomid patterns lately I couldn't be happier. Thank you so much Santa!

post-22241-0-37650500-1514096480_thumb.jpg

Still waiting on my gift from Santa. Hope they didn't get lost in mail. It's like Christmas Story everyday checking the mail

Hang in there Wetsock. It shouldn't take the two months that L'il Dave did last year but they are on there way. Kind of a convoluted story on yours. Your name in my address book is directly below Will's since I alphabetized by board name. I think I put his address on yours and his. Okay, that's only part of it. My wife got a call while I was out that the PO in Reedsville PA had a Christmas package with no address label, just my return address. If I knew who it was going to they'd address it and send it to them instead of the wasted time in sending it back. Okay, great. I gave them Will's information and package went out. That same day Will put on board he'd received his. UH OH. He opened it and it was yours. He was good enough to go to PO but they wouldn't use same package so he put the whole thing in a box and sent it on it's way to you. Now I'm afraid those labels I used might not have stuck to packages as well as they should and hope nobody else lost theirs. I have all the shipping #s saved and can look them up if someone doesn't get theirs within next few days. Your shipping # from Will is 9505 5104 1962 7352 0397 89
Am I reading this right you lost a box?

I received two. One from Dflanagan & one from Coloosa Bug.

I thought it was kind of strange but I thought you just sent me two because I sent so many flies in.

Let me know if this is right or not. I can send it to Its intended participant.

?????

D0165_E8_C_AE5_F_41_D1_B719_C7_EDDF5_DC6

And hurry up too because I want to open one of them today.

😋

Mike, you are right. I did send you two because of how many flies you sent me which adorn many of the other fly boxes under trees at this time. If you feel you're in the Christmas spirit and would be happy with one box then yes, it would be great if you forwarded one of the boxes to Old Hat and balanced out the swap. I feel bad I did this but if you flip a coin you can't go wrong with any box that is out there. If this is really okay with you I'll send you Old Hat's address and you can do that.

Nick

I also am waiting PO tracking on Trout Control and Mainard's package. If labels were lost then they should come back to me since that was a separate sticker.

OK tell you what then seeing how Im such a nice guy 😉

Im going to open them both and see whats in there and take my pick...Also what was Old Hats preference?

PM me his Addy I will rewrap it and send it on Its way Tuesday or Wednesday

Merry Christmas yall

🎄

Edit...OK they are both a Bass/Panfish box. I like Caloosa Bugs box.(nice job guy)

Ill send the other one to Old Hat and Ill probably beef it up a little bit with some extras.

Mike, you are right. I did send you two because of how many flies you sent me which adorn many of the other fly boxes under trees at this time. If you feel you're in the Christmas spirit and would be happy with one box then yes, it would be great if you forwarded one of the boxes to Old Hat and balanced out the swap. I feel bad I did this but if you flip a coin you can't go wrong with any box that is out there. If this is really okay with you I'll send you Old Hat's address and you can do that.

Nick

I also am waiting PO tracking on Trout Control and Mainard's package. If labels were lost then they should come back to me since that was a separate sticker.

It looks like my package is headed back your way! It was in the Fort Worth Distribution center yesterday. Sorry for this being a headache, Vicrider. Don’t sweat it- I want to make sure you enjoy Christmas Eve and Christmas with friends and family!