Fly Tying
FeatherandFly

Demo/ Test Flies

I'd go for it, except I can't even convince myself to fish my OWN bass sized flies for more than a few minutes. Being sure to put yours through the paces ... I don't think I'd do you justice.

Might be a few bass anglers on here that will take you up ... but since most of these guys tie their own ... ?

Good luck. I hope you get some "beta testers" going for it.

Mikechell,

What does that mean! You live in the big Bass capital of the US and you won’t fish big Bass flies?

You just love Bream/Panfish? If that’s the case I understand. I’ve fished numerous private property tanks/ponds

Where 8-12lb Bass were almost a garantee but when I found out the pond had 1-2lb Bream and 2-4lb Crappie I’d drop

my big Bass rods and pick up the 4 wt. and have blast, my buddies thought I was nuts

So Lee are you selling flies on the swap page by posting a weird story? In this day on internet scams and such it strikes me odd. New member first post is a fly "giveaway" or what?

https://www.featherandfly.net/shop/

Although it's not a swap, as long as Lee is actually giving the flies away, this sort of qualifies as a contest. I am hoping everyone who gets the flies an fishes them posts the results here. Has anyone received flies, yet?

I'd go for it, except I can't even convince myself to fish my OWN bass sized flies for more than a few minutes.

Mikechell,

What does that mean! You live in the big Bass capital of the US and you won’t fish big Bass flies?

You just love Bream/Panfish? If that’s the case I understand. I’ve fished numerous private property tanks/ponds

Where 8-12lb Bass were almost a garantee but when I found out the pond had 1-2lb Bream and 2-4lb Crappie I’d drop

my big Bass rods and pick up the 4 wt. and have blast, my buddies thought I was nuts

You hit the nail on the head, Mike. I used to fish for bass with conventional gear. Still do once in a while. It might sound "corny" or whatever, but I get a very "child-like" joy catching sunfish on a fly rod. Occasionally, I'll hook into a big bass, catfish or a Bowfin. Just icing on the cake.

So Lee are you selling flies on the swap page by posting a weird story? In this day on internet scams and such it strikes me odd. New member first post is a fly "giveaway" or what?

https://www.featherandfly.net/shop/

I did not realize he had a website for sales. If he's giving these flies away to legitimately get feedback on their performance, good or bad, and this is not a sales ploy, then I'd let it ride here until we hear from some of the people who volunteered their time to take the flies fishing, many at considerable sacrifice.

Lee, if your offer is to get your flies out and your company better known great. I don't see you trying to push your company and the link was not even one you posted. If you wish to sell flies through your company on our Classified you'd have to contact our Global Moderator "steeldrifter" for into on that.

As for your 4 kids under 5 and no time to fish, may I suggest you start doing more night fishing?

Mike and Mike, my all time favorite way to fish bass, with the occasional big cat, northern pike, or unwanted dogfish showing up is flipping and pitching the tulies, cattails, lily pads, and heavy cover. Something about short pitched line, a fairly heavy jig and pig, and the shaking of the shallow weeds and water while the bass turns on that sudden drop of food into his home. Second best way to fish them for me is a fairly light single spin spinnerbait with an oversized Colorado blade with a quality ball bearing swivel. Something about the big thumpers that transferred through to a good rod and reel setup did it for me. So often the bass would race up behind the bait and hit it from the back. Your only sensation was the loss of the blade thumping and you'd set the hook by instinct. That and the ability of these light oversized blade baits being able to helicopter down when dropped slack. I loved to work close to heavy reeds and cast beyond a small point of reeds sticking out, bump the spinnerbait into the reeds and let it drop and helicopter down. That has pulled a lot of bass for me fishing behind a guy or two just heaving tandem willows and cranking them along the edges.

About the only way I never liked or gave the amount of time to learning was hard bait jerk baiting. Everything else was part of my game plan depending on conditions. When Sluggos first came out, soon copied by every other company out there, I fell in love with them when realizing you could "walk the dog" underwater and by adding weight keep in a particular zone. Anyway, this is a fly fishing board and 90% of my fly fishing for bass or 'gills was poppers or bass bugs or foam spiders and for crappie a light jig with thin strip of Uncle Josh pork rind behind. Just nice to talk about the fishing we had in the northern fertile lakes versus the red clay reservoirs with no vegetation to speak of we have here.