Fly Tying
flytire

74 hot dogs in 10 minutes

Reading some of those records it is a wonder some of these people doing that haven't had a stroke or heart attack or some sort of major issue while shoving that much food down their body. I would guess most of them "expel" the food after the comp is over, but still just having that much food stuffed into your body pressing on your organs even for a short time can't be all that safe.

There are SO many reasons competitive eating is disgusting.

On the flip side, I can't think of a single reason it's NOT disgusting.

It's only done for product promotion and profit. I don't have a problem with product promotion and profit ... it's what they're in business for. But it's obvious, the companies that promote it aren't concerned with participants health. That puts a disgusting spin on that side of it.

Oh well, to each their own ... enjoy it if it's what "floats your boat."

7-Eleven Sports Slurpee 22 oz Sports Slurpee/7-Eleven Sports Slurping Time Trials

9 seconds/April 15, 2010

I just want to know how this guy didn't die instantly of brain freeze laugh.png

The participant is responsible for his health and it's their choice to weigh the risks and choose if the risks are worth the reward. Same with every sport played, every job worked, every street crossed and every hobby hobbed. It's called life.