Fly Tying
robow7

Daiichi 2461 aberdeen hook sizing

Gentlemen, is there anyone that uses or has lying around, a Daiichi 2461 aberdeen hook in sizes 4,2, and/or 1 ? I'm trying to find what the length of these hooks are and gap if possible. I'm looking at tying up some smallie streamers and was told this might be a less expensive alternative to some other premium hooks out there. As always, thank you for your time and input.

Thanks Mike, I did check on that site initially but as stated above, it really didn't offer much information.

OK. I had to sift through some of my hooks. Did find some 1/0 2461's. Round bend, gape is 1/2", shank is about 1 1/2 " I use them for streamers, large woolly buggers and poppers. I mainly use Eagle Claw Aberdeen hooks for most of my streamers, large woolly buggers and poppers. The size 1 Eagle Claw, round bend gape is 1/2", shank length is 1 1/4". Size 2 Eagle Claw, round bend, gape is 3/8" , shank is 1" . I would say they're interchangeable. The 2461 shank might be a little longer. The shank on the 1/0 2461 is the same length as a 3/0 Eagle Claw Aberdeen. The two catalogs I use for non-fly fishing hooks don't carry Daiichi anymore. Feather Craft describes the 2461 as "standard wire, Aberdeen bend, 3 XL.