Fly Tying
vicente

Bugger swap #3

One thing I'd mention about my buggers, the small ones. I love these for gills and would hope to offer them to trout again since they worked a couple of years ago. For a tail on these small buggers like mine I use one of the larger CDC Puffs. These are about perfect size for little buggers and can be tied right in whole by the stem. A while back I sent some out in a streamer swap that actually a CDC Puff in back of hook like bugger, a wire wrapped body on 16 hook with a CDC Puff as the wing. These have been deadly in late spring on panfish when there is a hatch of fry swimming all over. You can adjust color but white cdc puff tail, red wire body, white cdc puff wing has done well for me and some I've sent them too.

Alright guys I was planning on digging sorting everything out tonight and getting then in the mail tomorrow, but my wife has the flu and I'd rather not risk sending it out to you guys especially the more shall we say distinguished members of the group, so I'm going to wait until I'm sure we're no longer contagious before I take the flys out of their secluded storage area.

Just for conversation did she get the flu shot? With my COPD I really don't need a bout with the flu which would probably put me in the hospital or the ground so I get the new senior extra strength shot but you still never know if the blend is the right one for the strain going around this year. When I go into stores or places with mixed groups or people I wear a mask and sometimes people ask if I'm sick and I just say, "No, but I don't know if you are or not". Living in a small town with everyone knowing what someone else is doing you can keep track of who's sick but not in mixed crowds. Thanks for thinking of us.

That would be a good one ...

Introducing the new "Typhoid Mary" ... Vicente!

Spreading Flu viruses as quickly as he can start new swaps !!!

No she didn't we're not anti vaccine but there's a pretty good chance it's not going to work with the flu anyways, and we'd rather avoid the repetitive exposure to everything else in it, if I was in your place I would get it.

If someone says this shot will give you 45% less chance of being sick, hospitalized or dying I'd think most of us would jump at the chance. People shrug off the flu but it kills.

"So far, 14,000 people have died and 250,000 people have been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to preliminary estimates from the CDC."

If those in the group that died or hospitalized that hadn't had the shot were given a roughly 50/50 chance of avoiding death or confinement don't you think they'd take it now that it's too late. My wife won't get the shot and it's her prerogative but she just spent a week sick as a dog and two weeks after that slowly recovering her strength. Vaccinations are a miracle of modern medicine and I'll take the shot and at least put the percentage in my favor along with other precautions. If the beer virus ever works it's way to our shores from China and becomes an epidemic here it will kill less the flu most likely but will get all the press and money spent in precautions.

Well said vicrider.

As former military, it was not an option. You *will* get your yearly shots and vaccinations. So for 20+ years, it was just something I did.

Now that I'm retired, I no longer am required to get them, but I still do.

Like you said, if it cuts my chances roughly in half, that's certainly better odds than I'm getting without it.

Several years ago, this guy promised a shot that vaccinated against vaccines. It was the official B.O. Snake Oil Vaccine Vaccine. I thought, hey!!! That's for ME !!!

Now I have to get all the vaccines just to see if the B.O.S.O. Vaccine Vaccine is still working.

I wasn't implying that you shouldn't vaccinate. It is essentially all we have. But this year's vaccine didn’t match as well. I am a veterinarian. We vaccinate.

So how's your wife's episode with Captain Trip coming along? I'm anxious to see these flies. Maybe they're only buggers but they catch a lot of fish and people seem to come up with some variations. Me, I'm kinda into tying small versions that seem to be more like bugs than minnows or leeches but who cars what a fish takes them for as long as they take them.