Fly Tying
Landon P

Check out my YouTube channel!

I just wanted to put this out there. Here is the link to my YouTube channel if anyone is interested in checking it out. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChyBih95vEPUQaY0FFYPDww

Any tips or pointers are welcome! So far some things I'm going to change for the next video are: 

1 making sure the camera is always focused

2 use 2 cameras so views get a view of my desk to see cutting/material prep

Also If anyone has any patterns you want to see me tie let me know, I'm open to anything!

3 minutes ago, Landon P said:

I just wanted to put this out there. Here is the link to my YouTube channel if anyone is interested in checking it out. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChyBih95vEPUQaY0FFYPDww

Any tips or pointers are welcome! So far some things I'm going to change for the next video are: 

1 making sure the camera is always focused

2 use 2 cameras so views get a view of my desk to see cutting/material prep

Also If anyone has any patterns you want to see me tie let me know, I'm open to anything!

That caddis would be a possibility, you nailed it.

Best to do your best stuff for public consumption.

👍👍🎥🎥😎😎

Actualy I just uploaded a video doing the caddis! I'm going to be posting a ant soon very soon.

6 minutes ago, Landon P said:

Actualy I just uploaded a video doing the caddis! I'm going to be posting a ant soon very soon.

I subscribed, looking forward to new ant to tie, for Tie Hack Reservoir, right out of town... Talking with serious flymen ( and flywomen) at the boat launch, brown-red, ants almost always account for biggest fish there.

Sounds good I will start adding that into the descriptions. Thank you for the suggestion! Btw ant video is up!

5 minutes ago, Landon P said:

Sounds good I will start adding that into the descriptions. Thank you for the suggestion! Btw ant video is up!

It’s very good.... 38 seconds clearly demonstrating the build... Tim Flagler, watch over your shoulder...this guy is going to be catching up... Fast

Comments like these just make my heart happy! I'm so happy I didnt stop making the videos just because I didnt get the attention I thought they deserved. Thanks again. Also I added materials into the desc of the 2 most recent videos.

I'm going to be doing a series of growing through a single pattern if anyone has any ideas for that lmk

Nicely done, Landon. 

I'm not much of a video watcher when it comes to fly tying, I prefer to read a SBS picture tutorial.  I think most videos are far too long, and I like to jump back and forth between steps, so a SBS is much more convenient than jumping back and forth in a video.  Yours, however, solved both those issues, nice and quick, with written portions as needed.  Good job.  

I agree with petelangevin and in addition, I think you should start each video with a screenshot of the completed fly.  I always like to see what the tyer will produce, before I invest time in watching him do it.  (I did not go through all of your videos, so perhaps you do that in some of them.)

I'll also add that in reading your posts on this forum, you seem like a very intelligent, respectful, helpful, and accomplished young guy.  Keep up the good work.  

1 minute ago, niveker said:

Nicely done, Landon. 

I'm not much of a video watcher when it comes to fly tying, I prefer to read a SBS picture tutorial.  I think most videos are far too long, and I like to jump back and forth between steps, so a SBS is much more convenient than jumping back and forth in a video.  Yours, however, solved both those issues, nice and quick, with written portions as needed.  Good job.  

I agree with petelangevin and in addition, I think you should start each video with a screenshot of the completed fly.  I always like to see what the tyer will produce, before I invest time in watching him do it.  (I did not go through all of your videos, so perhaps you do that in some of them.)

I'll also add that in reading your posts on this forum, you seem like a very intelligent, respectful, helpful, and accomplished young guy.  Keep up the good work.  

Thank you! I have not done that in videos but that is a great great idea, I'm going to start doing that. This brings up another idea, mylaybe I put the time stamps in to descriptions to the step numbers so they are easy to access faster as you said. Thank you for the kind works also I also I try to. 

1 hour ago, Landon P said:

Thank you! I have not done that in videos but that is a great great idea, I'm going to start doing that. This brings up another idea, mylaybe I put the time stamps in to descriptions to the step numbers so they are easy to access faster as you said. Thank you for the kind works also I also I try to. 

That should increase repeat views, not sure if multiples from same subscribers help with your You Tube compensation, I know nothing about that aspect, but it should...

YouTube views get counted the first time clicking on the video then after that everytime it is watched until the end. So that could boost views.