Fly Tying
petelangevin

Who made the ergo bobbin?

I have plenty of bobbins,   It was just one i had tried but never bought one    Its not plastic  know its not loon     Must have been the umpqua/tiemco one    It was twisted offset in a way.   

i really like the old chase bobbins,  loaned my two away and you guess the rest.   

i have 2 rites, 2 griffin, renzetti and 5 norvise bobbins.   Probably a half dozen generic too.   Kind of a hoarder.  

3 minutes ago, cphubert said:

rendered polar bear :) but I imagine spermaceti whale oil would be the best.

Almost choked on my beer reading that one.    This is why i love this forum!

Yep, petelangevin, that is the one that came to my mind.  It used to be my favorite bobbin, but it is no longer made according to somebody I contacted at Umpqua.  I still have several I use occasionally.  Now, I use mostly the Rite bobbin carrier.  

I'll second Pete's post with a couple of photos of what I have. Nice bobbin...but...for me I found I wished it were a little shorter. It has a nice heft to it which helps hold materials in place when it is just hanging there and is comfortable in hand.

928044143_DSC_0001(2).thumb.JPG.6001afabcfa465fac77449d96ee9216c.JPG1136857033_DSC_0002(2).thumb.JPG.b5b7d11bc8c98ef238b046ff714e99fb.JPG