Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
fiveonomo

Excited About Tomorrow

I am going out tomorrow for my first guided trip, can't wait!  Then I will be attending my first Lies and Flies that evening at my fly shop.  It's gonna be a great day!

Great!  Always remember - fish grow as the years go on, so the 6 incher you caught today will be the 14 incher you tell about in a couple of years! :) 

Kim

@SandanSorry, I forgot to post.  It was a great day!  My guide was a really good guy and helped me with a bunch of stuff.  I caught a Rainbow, a White Sucker, and some small fish I think he called a fall fish.  I also hooked what he said was a much larger Trout but I lost him.  The local Trouts Unlimited was meeting a stocking truck around 3 pm and my guide asked if I wanted to stay for that and I said absolutely.  My trip was half day but we fished all the way until 3.  The truck showed up[ and I got to assist with stocking 100 Rainbow Trout into the South River, that was really a cool thing.  I went and got some dinner and headed back to the shop for the tying event.  The owner of the shop set me up with everything and sat beside me and would teach me each step as we went along. We tied Wooly Buggers and i really enjoyed the heck out of it.  I looked at the clock and It was 8 pm, I live 1.5 hours away from the shop.

It was a very long day and I was exhausted when I finally returned home.  I think I am hooked.

46 minutes ago, fiveonomo said:

@SandanSorry, I forgot to post.  It was a great day!  My guide was a really good guy and helped me with a bunch of stuff.  I caught a Rainbow, a White Sucker, and some small fish I think he called a fall fish.  I also hooked what he said was a much larger Trout but I lost him.  The local Trouts Unlimited was meeting a stocking truck around 3 pm and my guide asked if I wanted to stay for that and I said absolutely.  My trip was half day but we fished all the way until 3.  The truck showed up[ and I got to assist with stocking 100 Rainbow Trout into the South River, that was really a cool thing.  I went and got some dinner and headed back to the shop for the tying event.  The owner of the shop set me up with everything and sat beside me and would teach me each step as we went along. We tied Wooly Buggers and i really enjoyed the heck out of it.  I looked at the clock and It was 8 pm, I live 1.5 hours away from the shop.

It was a very long day and I was exhausted when I finally returned home.  I think I am hooked.

@fiveonomo Sure sounds like you're hooked. Very cool story. It'll only get better.