Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
KevinO

Kevin from California

Just purchased my first fly tying vise a few months ago. Looking forward to learning how to tie flies.

Most of my fishing opportunites close by are for large mouth bass, small mouth bass, striper and one river with trout in it.

Figured it would be good to learn how to tie so that I can present something different to the fish.

Kevin Ostrom (Sonoma County Ca)

Kevin, welcome I hope you enjoy the site. If you have questions please ask, their are a lot of experienced tiers willing to help.

Welcome to the site Kevin.  Kim here and I'm from central NY.  I am also active in swaps and am hosting one right now with a couple openings still left if you are interested.  The theme is Terrestrial patterns and this swap (5th and last in the series) is specifically designed for new/novice tyers.  I designed it and offered it so new tyers could have another option to taking an in-person class (due to something called COVID -I hear it was in the news once or twice!).  Any questions just PM me - click on my name/icon and you'll be taken to a separate page, click on "message" and a pop-up form will come up for you to type a PM - personal message - to me.

I've been tying for 50 years and hope you have as much enjoyment from this fine hobby as I have!  And tight lines my friend!

Kim