Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
softhackle

What was the last fly you tied?

tied up a dozen benchscrap wulffs as bonus flies for a swap I hosted. they look a lot nicer than they sound.

currently tying poxy back crab patterns for oh you know...salty critters fond of crab.

mgj

I finished a George Grant Yellow Feather back Stone fly for the Upper chaaat. river Chapter of TU.

I gave it to the President and another 5 hair bugs for raffle.

irish

Charlie,

I'm leaving for Cape Breton on July 9th, still a little over a month away. Good thing I still have time to learn to tie a decent bomber. I seem to be spending too much time wiping up blood from my tying desk. sick.gif I guess someone my age shouldn't be playing with razorblades. laugh.gif

Last fly I tied was a foam and deer hair mouse for the Large Mouth Fly swap here on the forum.

I'm getting married July 2nd so most of my time has been "re-focused" from the tying bench.

Tom

Tom,

Going from the tying bench to tying the knot is really a good move.

You can enjoy fishing, but being married makes it a lot more valued and enjoyable when the wife only lets you go once a month, and complains about all the fur and feathers laying around.

Never mind, you be back tying and fishing in a few years.

LOL, just pulling your leg; Have a great wedding

Conehead

I have just tied a couple of crayfish patterns. I was fishing a little stream for trout and while wading I kicked up a couple of crayfish. I usually fish smaller patterns for trout but decided that this week I am going to try fishing for larger browns with the crayfish pattern. Will probably fish it for ten minutes or so until I get tired of casting it out.

Tan soft hackle for a Hendricksen hatch. I grease them up and work them through the riffles and do "ok" with them. Plus... I tied them because I like tying and fishing soft hackles probably more than anything else. Thread midges run a close second.

Mike

Modified, weighted (heavily) double bunny patterns, w/a mylar covering over the lead underbody, about 6-7" long for some big pike. Red/white, red/yellow and black/chartreuse. Muskie season opens in Minnesota June 4, and I'm hoping to have some line burns on my fingers by June 5!

Mine was a simple wooley bugger, kinda had to retrain my hand to work with the fly tying tools.

Spent last summer in a cast from a fall while wading and spent 8 weeks in a cast, and then did PT, well long story short first time out after finishing fell and broke the same hand in the same damned spot so the cast went back on for another 8 weeks. After it came off the Doc didn't like the way the thumb joint set so they put me out re-broke it and recasted for 7 more weeks. Cast came off and PT again and put us in February of this year. Been trying to strengthen it up but fly tying hasn't been the same but working at it.

Back fly fishing but the casting stroke sucks big time LOL.

Tight Lines all,

Fatman

Latest I've tied was three Elmer Matukas last night to use for this summers trout expedition i northen sweden.