Fly Tying
Skip48

Does anyone make custom rods other than fly rods?

I do all types of rods, not just fly. I do spin, casting, centerpin, ice, pretty much everything. If you want to shoot me a message with what parts you have and what you would like done with them I can shot you back a quote to build them up.

Steve built 2 7’spinning rods for my wife and me. Not only do they feel great in the hand, they cast great. They handle walleyes and bass and are a joy to fish. 
Tom

Have a few of Steeldrifters fly rods also, fine work and the way you want them. I get compliments often. My strongest recommendation.

On 1/28/2023 at 11:06 AM, Steeldrifter said:

I do all types of rods, not just fly. I do spin, casting, centerpin, ice, pretty much everything. If you want to shoot me a message with what parts you have and what you would like done with them I can shot you back a quote to build them up.

Can you buy the blanks from Baston? I can give you the number of the blanks. They are 7.6” one piece.

Skip

Yeah I use to deal with Batson a lot years ago. Back then I use to get a decent discount, but I don't think I get the same discount anymore since I don't use them as much as I use to yrs ago. Shoot me the model numbers and I will see what I can get them for.

12 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

Yeah I use to deal with Batson a lot years ago. Back then I use to get a decent discount, but I don't think I get the same discount anymore since I don't use them as much as I use to yrs ago. Shoot me the model numbers and I will see what I can get them for.

Rev IP 76ML is what they said was the same as the one I have, but mine is 1/4-1/2 lure weight and 6- 12 pound line. Not sure it will make that much difference anyway, but would love your opinion! I have an IP 902.

thank you!

The Revelation IP76ML is a tad lighter blank. 1/8-3/8oz. It's not a huge difference, but I think you will notice a bit of a difference in it. The other one to look at is the REVIP-76 M-SB which is a tad higher rating than what you have. What are you planning to fish for and with? ..spinners? poppers? live bait? crankbaits? or?

On 1/31/2023 at 8:47 PM, Steeldrifter said:

The Revelation IP76ML is a tad lighter blank. 1/8-3/8oz. It's not a huge difference, but I think you will notice a bit of a difference in it. The other one to look at is the REVIP-76 M-SB which is a tad higher rating than what you have. What are you planning to fish for and with? ..spinners? poppers? live bait? crankbaits? or?

Well I use it for long lining and jigs over brush, but my main thing is long lining for them in spring.

Wow that guy told me they were the same, but I noticed the weight of lure being different. Not sure what to do, but how much difference will I feel with the IP 76ML?

Skip

Hard to say exactly how much of a difference you will fee, mainly because some people tend to notice slight differences more than others. There is a difference, but not a huge one. Also take a look at the MHX series of blanks that Mudhole offers. I have built on a number of them over the past few years since they came out, and they offer a spin-jig 7'6" 1pc that is 6-12# 1/8-1/2oz which may be a close match as well https://mudhole.com/collections/mhx-spin-jig-rod-blanks/products/mhx-76-med-light-spin-jig-rod-blank-sj902-mhx

1 hour ago, Steeldrifter said:

Hard to say exactly how much of a difference you will fee, mainly because some people tend to notice slight differences more than others. There is a difference, but not a huge one. Also take a look at the MHX series of blanks that Mudhole offers. I have built on a number of them over the past few years since they came out, and they offer a spin-jig 7'6" 1pc that is 6-12# 1/8-1/2oz which may be a close match as well https://mudhole.com/collections/mhx-spin-jig-rod-blanks/products/mhx-76-med-light-spin-jig-rod-blank-sj902-mhx

How close is this blank from the Rainshadow since they went to the RX 7?  I guess knowing how the one I have is as far as sensitivity? And I do like a fast tip or at least no less than what I have in The IP 902.

I should add most of my long lining is using a 1/32 Oz jig.

On 2/2/2023 at 10:59 AM, Skip48 said:

How close is this blank from the Rainshadow since they went to the RX 7?  I guess knowing how the one I have is as far as sensitivity? And I do like a fast tip or at least no less than what I have in The IP 902.

I should add most of my long lining is using a 1/32 Oz jig.

Well I found someone to make it for me and I appreciate your efforts, but it’s ordered.

thanks again,

Skip