Fly Tying

Well, after a good year at my new property, I finally have my shop up and running and I am building nets again -- thought I'd share some pics of the 2023 crop so far. I'm very happy to be back in the shop - I'm planning on doing more fly tying travel cases, tool caddies, etc. 

20230220_174820.jpg

20230216_133945.jpg

FB_IMG_1677038400344.jpg

35 minutes ago, Steeldrifter said:

Nice looking work Bryon. What wood are the first two? I was gonna say spalted maple, but the color looks more greenish so wasn't sure if they were something else maybe?

Thanks! Yep, the handles on the first two are spalted Maple. (The greenish light is just poor lighting in the shop lol). African Teak for the hoops on those. The second one has a Maple burl handle, with a hoop of curly Maple, Cherry, and Niove. 

3 hours ago, Bryon Anderson said:

Thanks! Yep, the handles on the first two are spalted Maple. (The greenish light is just poor lighting in the shop lol). African Teak for the hoops on those. The second one has a Maple burl handle, with a hoop of curly Maple, Cherry, and Niove. 

Gorgeous sir!

@byron those look great. I'm a woodworker and interested in learning some more on how you fabricate the nets. Thanks.

12 hours ago, CDewberry said:

@byron those look great. I'm a woodworker and interested in learning some more on how you fabricate the nets. Thanks.

Happy to talk nets and answer any questions you may have any time! Feel free to shoot me a PM 🙂