Fly Tying

Hello Speck swap!

Mailed mine Monday. Let me know when they arrive. Thought I had already mailed but looked over in the back seat of my truck and there they lay. Sorry.

well i have had twelve tied and sitting on my table forever. unfortunately, the hacks came at a bad time and i couldn't recieve mailing information intill it was too late. school and cross country are leaving me with litterally no free time. sorry. im gonna have to drop out of this one (my first one... how lame, droping out of my first swap.... great first impression huh?). i am truely sorry. i had full intentions, but my circumstances are overpowering. sorry.

LBG umm have you gotten my flys? I sent them out a while ago. If not I am going to tie up some new ones today and send them out.

Hi guys! I'm keeping the original post in the thread updated with all new information. If I've recieved your flies you'll see "received" behind your name. Gordon, there's still plenty of time to mail yours. I don't want you to waste the effort you made to get them tied. Today is only the 3rd and since they aren't due 'til the 7th, if I know they're on the way (this counts for everybody) I'm happy to wait for them.

Remember all: this is just a bunch of guys trading flies. You've all been good to communicate exactly what's going on and that makes all the difference in the world. If you're gonna be a little late, no problem, just let us know. If you've sent them and don't see "recieved" by your name, just let me know.

Most of all, don't sweat it. In the grand scheme of things, it's only a fly swap. If the 7th of September comes and I look here and guys have said "I mailed mine yesterday", then I'll wait a few days and hope that everybody else will be just as patient.

If all are in and nobody's got anything "in the mail" when the 7th rolls around, I'll pack 'em up and get 'em out by Friday the 9th so that you can expect them early the following week.

In fact, if y'all agree with it, why don't I just extend the due date to Friday September the 9th? I know that most swaps have a much longer fulfillment date than this one did, but with it being a Crappie fly swap, I wanted us to have enough time (in the North at least) to actually use them before the ice comes.

If nobody posts here by Monday afternoon expressing a problem with it, I'll then extend the date to the 9th.

LBG,

Mine are in the mail but not recieved yet. Completely understandable, as the post office wanted over $15 to send them with guaranteed delivery any time before a couple of weeks. I'm thinking' you should have 'em in a week at the latest, though.

I have no problem waiting for evereyone else... 9th of Sept, 13 Oct, 29 Nov.. whatever wink.gif

Cheers!

Gary

OK I guess something must have gone wrong with sending if you have not gotten them yet( or they are sitting in the back of my roommates car mad.gif ) I will tie them up again tonight and tomarrow and send them monday myself.

Ok guys, here's what we'll do: I won't take finally tally until Sunday the 11th. I'll pack them up on Monday and get 'em in the mail so's we can fish!

"I wanted us to have enough time (in the North at least) to actually use them before the ice comes. "

CRAP I FORGOT ABOUT THAT shit.gif !!!! FREAKIN SUN BURN BEATS FREEZER BURN ANY DAY!!! I hate winter!!! but I do like the fact that we are close to getting the flies from this swap. I do not have any plans for doing any crappie fichin untill neat year due to the rush of salmon and steeelhead that need my help. So no worries here get em out when you get em out! BUT IF YOU FIND A CURE FOR THE WINTER THING PLEASE USE IT ASAP!!!!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (CjCalls @ Sep 5 2005, 09:56 PM)
QUOTE (day5 @ Sep 5 2005, 09:31 PM)
BUT IF YOU FIND A CURE FOR THE WINTER THING PLEASE USE IT ASAP!!!!! laugh.gif

Simple MOve to Texas devil.gif

But what is the cure for Texas? biggrin.gif

It sounds to me that tongue.gif the cure is worse than the disease!

QUOTE (atroutbum2 @ Sep 5 2005, 10:06 PM)
QUOTE (CjCalls @ Sep 5 2005, 09:56 PM)
QUOTE (day5 @ Sep 5 2005, 09:31 PM)
BUT IF YOU FIND A CURE FOR THE WINTER THING PLEASE USE IT ASAP!!!!! laugh.gif

Simple MOve to Texas devil.gif

But what is the cure for Texas? biggrin.gif

It sounds to me that tongue.gif the cure is worse than the disease!

Just like ever drug on the market, The side effects are always worse than the disease it cures. biggrin.gif

Well guys looks like I am going to have to drop out... I am really sorry especially since this is my first swap. It does not look like I will be able to send out the flys till thursday at the earliest, and you northern guys should get a chance to use everyone elses flys. Again I am really sorry about droping out but school is hecktic right now.

OK gang, one more check of the mail and we're all in! After I check I'll start sorting, photographing and packing the flies. I'm gonna have to recount everything because of how many didn't come in, and then we'll know exactly how many are coming back your way.