Fly Tying

Hello Speck swap!

Ok fine, call 'em Crappie if you will. One of my favorite fish and most sought after in the US, big Crappie can give you all the fight of a bass on your fly rod and for those who keep fish, they are outstanding table fare.

Mostly minnow eaters they can also be caught on the right nymph, and I wanna go Crappie fishing so who's gonna help me?

Let's have a Crappie fly swap! No restrictions on the type of fly as long as it has proven it self for or is designed for, catching Crappie! If you aren't familiar with the rules of the swaps around here, plese review them before responding.

I'm looking for 12 tiers who want to catch Crappie too! Deadline for receipt of flies will be September 7, deadline to sign up is August 7 and then we go with however many we've got.

I'll be tying my version of Crappie Candy.

Remember, you only need to tie 12 flies because although I'll be tier number 13, you don't wanna get back one of your own! Here are the basic guidelines to keep things smooth for all.

Okay guys, looking good! So far we have:

1) atroutbum2 - "Triple Threat" received

2) CjCalls - "Wool Head Shiners" - received

3) Shenandoahangler - "to be announced" - received

4) day5 - "White Angel" - received

5) mb82 - "unnamed killer fly" - out

6) Gordon WarmWater 09 - "kkk" (Not available in Harlem, Watts or certain parts of Cleveland)

7) Gary Madore - "Wooly Worm variation" - received

8) Paymaster -"Crazy Charlies or somethin" - receivicus

9) Ratfacedmcdougal -"unnamed ultra killer fly"

For a complete set of swapping guidelines, be sure to review the pinned posts in the swap section. Looking good fellas and filling up fast!

OK gang, looks like we're at our entry closure date and a few of you are already done tying! My attic where I tie has finally come down below 3 million degrees farenheit so I can get mine done! 9 is our number of flies to tie and you've got 'til September 7th to get them in the mail. This still gives us September through November (in the north) to use them chasing Crappies!

Ill Bite!!!! and Cj your avatar make me laugh out loud every time I see it!!!!!!!! bugeyes.gif How in the hell did you ever get that to happen!

I'm in for my first swap. I have a plan for a fly that is very basic but does a killing on the crappie around my house.

QUOTE (day5 @ Aug 1 2005, 07:51 PM)
Ill Bite!!!! and Cj your avatar make me laugh out loud every time I see it!!!!!!!! bugeyes.gif How in the hell did you ever get that to happen!

I make a living dealing with wildlife. I can make 'em do almost anything.

Ok I'll tie some wool head shiners. rolleyes.gif

I'll do them unweighted because I fish them on a sinking tip line anyway. BUT if ya'll want weighted then let me Know by Wed. night. ph34r.gif

im in of course

ill be tying my kkk

(kwad kolor klouser) or (krappie killing klouser)

its like a bleeding yellow minnow

p.s. i am getting low on white and yellow bucktail if anybody wants to send me a freebie wink.gif

here is a pic of my fly. This was a practice fly so I could make sure I had my purportions correct. Now I need to run out to the shop and get some head cement since I forgot to put the cap back on the last time I tyed a few days ago, doh.

user posted image

OK. I can do this one... How about a Wooly Worm variation?

Cheers!

Gary

P.S. Lemmee know if you don't like the worm idea (that's what li'l panfish eat around here) and I'll do a minnow.

I would like to be in for the fly swap. I have a fly iv'e never bothered to name but i've been tying and useing it for the last 10 years or so on crappie and bream and they eat it up. Look in my pattern gallery. I tied one for it. Just let me know what I gotta do. Iv'e never been in a swap before.