Fly Tying
flytire

Mega Millions Jackpot - 1 Winner

I think Utyer makes trips in his kayak up to "Lerp" ... maybe MY best friend bought that ticket !!!

18 million dollar sculpture is supposed to say "Jax".  Everyone says it look like "Lerp".  Maybe the winner will pay for a better sculpture.

jaxlex.f59d1f7b.jpeg?crop=0.78%2C0.80%2C

That is a "sculpture".  18 million bucks.  It says "Jax" !!!  But it's been "Lerp" to just about everyone since it went up.  It's huge ... you can see the people walking at the base of it.

What the heck, did they put it together wrong or something?  $18 million? Whoever's running that joint should get the old FUTA on the way out the door. 

LOL Niveker.  They commissioned an "artist".  Actually, I don't know if they actually built it or not.  Since I don't live there and haven't been there in more than 15 years, I haven't seen it myself. (if it exists)

The picture I posted, it seems now, is the artist's vision and what the owners of "The Riverfront" used for it's promotion of the concept.

5 hours ago, mikechell said:

That is a "sculpture".  18 million bucks.  It says "Jax" !!!  But it's been "Lerp" to just about everyone since it went up.  It's huge ... you can see the people walking at the base of it.

What is a “Jax”?

Jacksonville... if you can believe it... From my experience, the folks that run things here or there - have no problem at all spending other people's money -and this doesn't include the usual kickbacks, bribes and other chicanery that can be found whenever there's public funds changing hands (note - not one reference to the folks running things now.... don't want anyone sending those fine young investigators my way...).  And so it goes

18 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

What is a “Jax”?

As Capt. Bob said, it's what the locals call their city.  Jacksonville is too long a word for today's people, so they just call it "Jax".