Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
chugbug27

Batting Cage...

Visiting my dad, went to the old batting cage he used to take me to as a kid. Boy, what a blast that was. Highly recommended. A forgotten but not lost whammo of fun.

I’ve been to the batting cage a few times as a senior and it’s great fun. It’s actually a very good workout. 

Sounds like fun Chug. Would you believe I have never been to a batting cage in my life? Prob couldn't even do it these days with my bad rotator cuff.

Hah! You can always bunt, ---- "and the fans go wild at the RBI king!" Roooaaaarrr!!!!!!! (Just wear a helmet)

Actually, the swing doesn't have to be that fast at the 40mph cage. (That's the one I could connect with on most swings, and without throwing my shoulder out. Just accept some heavy breathing, it IS a bit of a workout at ~60....) Yikes I'm almost 60

Oh, I did it solo just for a break... Dad's stuck at home recovering from a near-death hospital trip. He seems to be turning a corner, though, which is a welcome relief. 

Anyways, it was just the thing to remind me of what a great childhood he gave me.

Hope your Dad continues on the road to recovery, glad you were able to get our and 'refresh' a bit.