Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

Swap is on for articulated flies

Okay. What I'll do is divide up what gets sent in and make sure everyone gets flies back. I also have a dozen tied up with 6 smaller double jointed nymphs and six larger streamers triple jointed. Let's send 'em to me and I'll mix them up and make everyone has some to fish with.

Keep in mind you can articulate almost any two flies with a short length of mono looped through back body and tied to front fly shank and cemented in place. Lighter or heavier mono depending on trout or bass or tarpon fly. Jump in and fill out our swap with a half dozen tiers.

1. (of a person or a person's words) having or showing the ability to speak fluently and coherently.
"an articulate account of their experiences"

1. 2.
    TECHNICAL
    having joints or jointed segments.
    "delicate articulate plants with a slender central stem" OR "delicate flies with a jointed section"

Okay, since this is a fly tying forum we'll go with the second definition. Don't worry about pronunciation but let's do an articulated swap. I have done swaps where I did a half dozen Hog Snares but don't think I'm up to that again. Remember an articulated swap does not have to be a Rich Stollis creation to be considered for this swap. I have seen some nice Wooly Buggers jointed with a piece of Mono and a bead that looked like a bass killer to me. I have also seen some nice Stone Flies with articulated tail sections that look really appetizing (if you're a fish). Let's shoot for a half dozen and if that fills we can expand it to 8 but there is enough time and material involved in these flies to not go a full dozen (unless people want).
    Given tying time let's go for a turn in date by May 6, giving several weekends in there and time to order materials if needed.
    Nick Szabo, PO Box 361, Cheyenne, OK 73628

1. psychoprince
    2. Trourttramp
    3. Heff2

Read an article where articulated nymphs were the hot item for some guys. Would love to have ya' both.

PsychoPrince,

As a former trombone player I am very interested in seeing the rusty trombone. I have several dusty trombones in my basement. 
Tom

Sounds good Heff. Tom, with the Musky flies you tie I'd think you could whip up a simple jointed fly and get in on this.

On 4/3/2024 at 3:56 PM, psychoprince said:

I’m in! And I’ll tie up some rusty trombones. 

OMG! Great fly, terribly sus name!