Fly Tying

FTOTY Contest - VOTE NOW!!!!!

Question???? I am asumming that all flies in the Trout Dry Fly Categorary have to have the Ability to Float right??? at least for a reasonable amount of Time. am I correct in assumming that.

A dry being able to float is not something that I can prove/disprove without ruining the flies, plus I'm not going to go through that time and effort. It is 100% up to the voters and what they decide is the best dry fly and because it is a tying, not a fishing contest, it does not necessarily have to be able to catch fish.

I voted on the coolest fly,Time taken to tie etc. Not can it catch fish.Now would a Sucker spawn score for votes if it was a will it catch fish vote? :dunno: Easy tie lots of fish....It's up to each Tyer to figure out what is a sweet tie. I voted for something I wish I could tie and thought of what the Tyer must have been thinking to come up with such a cool pattern and how they choose their materials and applied them to the hook for the outcome. I think fly Tying has grown way beyond something you tie on the end of a line. It's grown into a obsession to recreate what the fish feed on in a realistic way with the materials We have to get the outcome.

After Wooly Buggers are Mastered the sky is the limit to what a Tyer decides to do with his free time tying.

I really apperciate what the realistic Tyers are doing and what info They have shared to the help the Tying Community reach a level of tying and thinking beyond tying fish catching Wooly Buggers.

How there's the Newbie's that are just plain kicking Azz on the vise! I can't hold a candle to the skills posted this year in the Newbie's section :eek: Was that not a awesome display of Newbie tallent or what?

This Group of Tyers is starting to scare Me! :lol: All I ask is that I get Your Autograph! :lol:

Great effort Everyone I had a hard time voting :headbang:

Brent

Your right Brent although there were not as many flies this year I also had to take a good hard look and think alot about some of the flies. I am looking forward to the second vote for the best overall fly.

Is it ok if I vote with my account, and then create ONE new account for the members of my household family to vote? (We are a family of four, so if my mom, dad, and sis want to vote, then they have to agree together on which fly they will vote for.) :unsure:

Wow. That's some awesome work fellas.

I want to say that I wish I would have kept a closer eye on the post concerning the contest this year and knew about all the different categories. I've seen all the realistic flies posted in the past year and feared I couldn't even compete. I truly respect the realistic tyers and could never compete. That was my thought when the contest came around this year so I didn't participate.

I was happy to see all the categories with one specifically for realistic. I only saw two flies that seemed like they could have been realistic but weren't. I'm sure it was hard to decide that and whomever tied it may even fish it. I know I wouldn't but then again I wouldn't be able to tie it in a million years.

I might not have won anything but I wouldn't have felt like the shortest dick in gym had I participated. :eek:

With the membership as large as it is now I wonder if quite a few others might not have felt the same way 'cuz I expected a lot more flies.

I look forward to next year and will vote after looking them over for a day or two.

Again, congratulations to all those who participated. I didn't see a bad fly in the bunch.

AWSOME EFFORT EVERYBODY!!!

Some great flies there, and a fabulous effort in putting it all together from FTF. It was a difficult vote, so I only chose those categories I could honestly say I know a bit about. I didn't enter a fly this year but good luck to everybody.

Dornug,

Beeing a moderator in the realistic forum I was very suprised and to be honest just a little bit dissapointed to see so few flies entered in the realistic category. No disrespect to anyone, I just had higher expectation on the number of flies entered considering the contribution to the realistic forum during this past year.

But I'll have to give a big hand to the once who did enter the realistic category and all the other categories aswell, great work everyone! No matter if you win or not you should be proud of what you have done!

/Ulf

Whooohooo that whas fun.

Great work that whas send in,but very hard to vote just 1 fly.

Your all winners :clapping:

Klaas