Fly Tying
British mike

Fly choice confidence

Ok all,

This is my time for the Brit to learn some of your secrets.........:P

I thought it would be interesting to find out from you all what fly pattern gives you the most confidence in fishing and would be your choice to tie onto your leader given there was no activity from insects on the river to give you the go ahead for a match of the hatch. Most fishermen that I have met over my 40 years of fly fishing have such a pattern that is their standby that when it is tied on gives them that confidence we all need with our flies.

Ok guys lets have them................ ;) Dont be shy........... :P

Mike................ B)

My go to pattern is a glass bead head soft hackle with a larva lace wrapped body. It can be fished in a number of different ways to best fit the condition...that flexibility makes it indispensable.

Tan larva lace and hen hackle with a yellowish tan glass bead.

Thanks guys and OLB?..................> :hyst: .nice one..........keep them coming

Mike

PS......does anyone know what "blueman89"s favorite fly pattern is?..................payback is a b----h blue.......ha ha......... :hyst:

PS......does anyone know what "blueman89"s favorite fly pattern is?..................payback is a b----h blue.......ha ha......... :hyst:

Its either a worm, maggot or minnow

:dunno:

:j_k:

Well, since what I fish for doesn't eat when it hits the river (salmon and steelhead), mine aren't insect patterns and the like (well, one could be construed as something edible, by name anyways lol). I love swinging pink bunny leeches or big marabou patterns (pink/white, purple/black, or fuchia/black combos).

For me it would be

Dry: Parachute blue dunn, or my crystal flash caddis (parachute)

Wet: Bead head hairs ear

Ashby