Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fry Flier

Favourite Dry to Tie and Fly

My favorite to tie is a caddis of some sort while my favorite to fish is a southern fly called an "all in one". Simple to tie but effective. Caught about 10 Sat. on it. Not bad for winter fly fishing.

bd

Sounds great bd, have fun with the flies and fish. Can't wait to see them. Well that is an incorrect statment I will need to wait to see them. :D :D

Question has come up about postage from U.S. to Canada

I think the best way to handle the postage for the swap would be to match your mail to Canada Postage with one of 2 ways..

1) myself I have been using International reply cards as suggested in one of the guidlines above. Cost is $3.95 I think plus tax. Works out to just over $4.50 a little steep I think for what we mail back and forth.

2) The alternate I think might be easier and cheaper in the long run would be to take your parcel to the post office find the mailing cost and buy double the stamps. Put the extra stamps in the package before sealing and send to me. I have more swaps going to the U.S.A. and I will use them there, That will then save me money as well and I will affix the proper due Canadian Postage back to you.

Heres what i tied up for this swap.

The fires is a grey wulff, i like tying the wulffs

IPB Image

And a green bodied klinkhammer, a great fly to fish

IPB Image

The flies are ready, i need the address.

Flies look great ATB2.

Hey Zip, have something in the way of an Idea that might help you in the future with the scanner flattening issue. If you take a pce. of Kraft foam or some styrofoam and hollow it out so that you could close the scanner to it instead of the fly it will avoid damaging the fly. Another would be to take a hollow container and place over the fly scan and crop of dark areas.

I mailed the flies out today. Now, if there was a US postman who is smart enough to remember where the put Canada, they might get there. :D

A US postman finding Canada, not sure how that will work?

Canada's own postal people can't find Canada..............usually

Update

Favourite dry style flies, 1 of your favourite to tie and one of your favourite to fish.

Swap is Full

6 reliable Tiers / 12 flies each

We will get 2 from each tier (1 of you favourite to tie and one of your favourite to fish.)

Dry fly hooks with your choice of size .

All FTF rules apply.

Deadline Apr.1 No extensions

First 6 to reply will be included

1. Crotalus

2. bonedog

3. conehead..........addy sent

4. zip...........addy sent

5. Paymaster...........addy sent

6. atroutbum2...........addy sent........rec'd. Great Looking flies ATB2

7. S.M. Fry Flier

Update Feb. 8 2006

ICSI Midges #22 are done. I just love tying these small flies

4 out of 6 stimulators are finished. I love it when a fish takes one of these puppies off the top.

I should finish up by Friday; please PM me an address.

Thanks.

Conehead

Sorry, couldn't find a conehead dry fly pattern

Mine are done, "All in One" and CDC and Elk. They are both my favorites to tie and to fish, simple but effective. My e-mail is [email protected] If you'll send me your address I'll get those in the mail in the next few days.

Thanks,

bd

Update Feb. 14, 2006

Favourite dry style flies, 1 of your favourite to tie and one of your favourite to fish.

Swap is Full

6 reliable Tiers / 12 flies each

We will get 2 from each tier (1 of you favourite to tie and one of your favourite to fish.)

Dry fly hooks with your choice of size .

All FTF rules apply.

Deadline Apr.1 No extensions

First 6 to reply will be included

1. Crotalus

2. bonedog..........addy sent

3. conehead..........addy sent

4. zip...........addy sent

5. Paymaster...........addy sent........rec'd. Great Looking flies thanks Paymaster for the extra's

Griffiths Gnat, Royal Trude

6. atroutbum2...........addy sent........rec'd. Great Looking flies ATB2, with extra, thankyou.

Grey Wulff and a green bodied klinkhammer

7. S.M. Fry Flier

Update Feb. 14 2006

See the above Update for our swap status.

Postage for return should not have USA stamps or your country stamps attached to the Self Addressed Envelopes. In order to ship back the envelope needs to have the postage for the country returning the package.

No biggy just for future referance. The other methods are as outlined below..........

Question has come up about postage from U.S. to Canada

I think the best way to handle the postage for the swap would be to match your mail to Canada Postage with one of 2 ways..

1) myself I have been using International reply cards as suggested in one of the guidlines above. Cost is $3.95 I think plus tax. Works out to just over $4.50 a little steep I think for what we mail back and forth.

2) The alternate I think might be easier and cheaper in the long run would be to take your parcel to the post office find the mailing cost and buy double the stamps. Put the extra stamps in the package before sealing and send to me. I have more swaps going to the U.S.A. and I will use them there, That will then save me money as well and I will affix the proper due Canadian Postage back to you.

hey fry-sry i havnt posted,been busy-but mine are in the mail!

Yep, the mail is the biggest hurdle for swaps, if they are not being openned buy the postal inspectors they seem to get sidetracked for a stay over in the Post Offices.