Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fez

Sometimes, you just gotta fish.

Oh wow Fez, that's a beautiful old boy there, pretty awesome you caught him on a broken

fly as well. Very nice catch :clapping:

Ashby

I'm not sure what happened. I missed a hookup before this fish so im wondering if it just snapped on a back cast or just beat itself up on bottom. May been in the de-barbing process?

Beautiful big ol' brown Fez, You should be proud of that guy! :headbang:

When you de-barb do you crimp the barb from the side of the hook, or with the hemos straight in line with the hook? if you do it from the side of the hook then that is most likely why the point broke. There is a much higher risk of fracturing the hook point if it's done from the side. Try doing it inline from now on and theres less risk of hook tip fractures.

Outsanding!!

When my wife asks me why I put so much effort into trout (though I've never caught one), I can show her that picture and say, "See... that's why!!"

More hogs on the trophy page @ www.flyfishcalgary.com if yer needing some.

Fez - Two BIG thumbs up. :thumbup: Those photos are wonderful. Who ever took the photos has an artist eye... Thank you for sharing.

Man, I just noticed the broken hook point. That's taking the barbless hook concept to a whole new level... :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

I am totally impressive that you landed that fish. You've obviously got skills brother.

Letumgo,

Don't get me wrong, i've lost way more fish this way then caught. This will never happen again. Im going to take the barb pinching advice very seriously as I HATE HATE HATE losing big fish.