Fly Tying
Funnel30

Where Do You Buy Supplies?

Where does everyone purchase their supplies from? Is most of the stuff you get from local stores or does anyone look on the internet?

I haven't looked into too many internet sites but does anybody have some that they prefer or that they have done business with in the past?

Thanks

I get most of my stuff at Chandler Pond Outfitters in Winthrop, Maine, just about ten minutes from my house. If Terry doesn't have something I need and I can wait for it to come in, he'll order it, whether he planned to carry it or not. Then again, he has a huge inventory, and a little hunting around can find all sorts of stuff.

It's great having a local shop that appreciates my business and keeps the coffee hot. If you can hook up with a shop not too far away, you can help out the local economy, make some good tying and fishing buddies, and not have to wait for mail or internet orders to arrive.

--Bill

I also have a few local shops that I deal with, but if I have to order I go to our sponsor J Stockard adn have had excellent experiences with them.

My favorite is J Stockard, the pricing and selection are excellent, and the service is even better. I'm always amazed how quickly my order arrives.

Graham

I like the idea of having a local place where you know the people, but in some cases we all aren't so fortunate so we must resort to the net in order to obtain the materials we need. I guess both scenario's have their advantages. Thanks for the replies.

Most of my stuff came from Jstockard they have the widest selection and very good service. I also like

madriveroutfitters.com. They have the fastest delivery I have found anywhere. They also offer free

shipping on any order over $25. However, their selection is more limited.

Feather-craft is another good choice. If the first two don't have what you are looking for they most

likely will. They are a little higher priced than the other two and in my experience clearly the slowest

of the three. Some people here will strongly disagree with my last statement but that is my repeated experience. Your mileage may vary.

I think Nick is probably right about Conranch for hackle. At least they will get my next hackle order.

I hope this helps.

Good luck and tight lines

Tom

I have to agree with the others. J Stockard, very fast service and they are cheaper then Cabelas on alot of stuff. Then my second choice would be, Netcraft in Maumee, Ohio (www.jannsnetcraft.com) I would give J Stockard a try, I have been happy every time I order from them.

most all my supplies are locally bought as well. I also buy things occasionally from shops online, but as my girlfriend has created an addict, ebay is a great site for things that are relatively cheap. Great quality, most of the time. Never gotten any bad products yet.

I try to buy as much as I can locally. If the shop doesn't have what I want, they order it for me. Sometimes it takes a little longer going through a middle man this way, but I want to support the local economy. I also use Feather-Craft allot and have never had any problem with them. I usually buy from them every couple of months or so. They have been very good to me as far as service and customer satisfaction. All my hackles are bought from Denny Conrad and Conranch Hackles in Washington. I'll have to check into Stockard's judging by all the favorable comments here.

Mike

My go-tos are Bullfrog Creek (a fishing shop here in Louisville) and J. Stockard. I also buy some stuff at the Clarksville Bass Pro Shops. If I can't find something at any of these, I'll just do a google search and buy it from the first website I see.

well up to this moment i got most of my material at cabelas because I was stretched for cash - never heard of stockard before but man o man they have got lot of stuff. I think i will switch over to them. When i travel around i will normal stop in local flyshops (they are where flyfishing is at not cabelas or other big corperations).

Although I mostly order material now since the closest fly shop is 2 1/2 hours away.

-alex